Woman stabbed in Lowestoft
A WOMAN is currently in intensive care after being stabbed in Lowestoft this morning.The 47-year-old was taken to the James Paget University Hospital, in Gorleston, after being stabbed at 1.20am.
A WOMAN has undergone surgery after being stabbed in Lowestoft this morning.
The 47-year-old was taken to the James Paget University Hospital, in Gorleston, after being stabbed at 1.20am this morning, however at this stage her injuries are not thought to be life threatening.
A 53-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after the incident, which took place at an address in Cambridge Road in Lowestoft. He is currently in custody at Lowestoft Police station where he will be interviewed by detectives.
The address at Cambridge Road has been cordoned off as a full investigation takes place.
You may also want to watch:
Police would like to hear from anyone who was in the Cambridge Road area between midnight and 1.30am this morning, who may have seen or heard anything that may assist enquiries into the incident.
They will be carrying out a street meeting in Cambridge Road between 2pm and 4pm on Sunday, November 22, to give local residents the opportunity to speak to officers about any concerns they may have.
- 1 Lowestoft man kicked victim in head as he lay on the ground
- 2 Scheme unveiled for former pub and butchers on town's High Street
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man in 30s suffers emergency in Kessingland
- 4 Why a strange light was seen flying over Lowestoft
- 5 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 6 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 7 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft
- 8 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 9 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 10 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
Anyone with information is asked to call Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.