Woman stabbed in Lowestoft
A WOMAN is currently in intensive care after being stabbed in Lowestoft this morning.The 47-year-old was taken to the James Paget University Hospital, in Gorleston, after being stabbed at 1.20am.
A WOMAN has undergone surgery after being stabbed in Lowestoft this morning.
The 47-year-old was taken to the James Paget University Hospital, in Gorleston, after being stabbed at 1.20am this morning, however at this stage her injuries are not thought to be life threatening.
A 53-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after the incident, which took place at an address in Cambridge Road in Lowestoft. He is currently in custody at Lowestoft Police station where he will be interviewed by detectives.
The address at Cambridge Road has been cordoned off as a full investigation takes place.
You may also want to watch:
Police would like to hear from anyone who was in the Cambridge Road area between midnight and 1.30am this morning, who may have seen or heard anything that may assist enquiries into the incident.
They will be carrying out a street meeting in Cambridge Road between 2pm and 4pm on Sunday, November 22, to give local residents the opportunity to speak to officers about any concerns they may have.
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 3 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 4 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 5 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 6 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 7 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 8 Town's ultrafast broadband bid back on track
- 9 School warning after social media post about girls being approached
- 10 Tree planted in memory of town councillor who 'worked tirelessly'
Anyone with information is asked to call Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.