Woman stabbed in Lowestoft
A WOMAN is currently in intensive care after being stabbed in Lowestoft this morning.The 47-year-old was taken to the James Paget University Hospital, in Gorleston, after being stabbed at 1.20am.
A WOMAN has undergone surgery after being stabbed in Lowestoft this morning.
The 47-year-old was taken to the James Paget University Hospital, in Gorleston, after being stabbed at 1.20am this morning, however at this stage her injuries are not thought to be life threatening.
A 53-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after the incident, which took place at an address in Cambridge Road in Lowestoft. He is currently in custody at Lowestoft Police station where he will be interviewed by detectives.
The address at Cambridge Road has been cordoned off as a full investigation takes place.
You may also want to watch:
Police would like to hear from anyone who was in the Cambridge Road area between midnight and 1.30am this morning, who may have seen or heard anything that may assist enquiries into the incident.
They will be carrying out a street meeting in Cambridge Road between 2pm and 4pm on Sunday, November 22, to give local residents the opportunity to speak to officers about any concerns they may have.
- 1 Delays expected as 48-ton boat is transported through region
- 2 Man in 20s among further Covid deaths at Norfolk hospital
- 3 Lowestoft gets £24.9m for key town centre projects
- 4 When do the clocks go forward in 2021?
- 5 Parts of Waveney could be Covid-free for first time in months, figures show
- 6 Pontins accused of using discriminatory 'undesirable guest' list
- 7 'A big thank you' - Superheroes salute key workers and NHS staff
- 8 The voice of the Shipping Forecast publishes latest fox storybook
- 9 Best friends to launch sweet shop together in seaside town
- 10 Sex offender caught with indecent images avoids prison
Anyone with information is asked to call Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.