Woman stabbed in Lowestoft
A WOMAN is currently in intensive care after being stabbed in Lowestoft this morning.The 47-year-old was taken to the James Paget University Hospital, in Gorleston, after being stabbed at 1.20am.
A WOMAN has undergone surgery after being stabbed in Lowestoft this morning.
The 47-year-old was taken to the James Paget University Hospital, in Gorleston, after being stabbed at 1.20am this morning, however at this stage her injuries are not thought to be life threatening.
A 53-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after the incident, which took place at an address in Cambridge Road in Lowestoft. He is currently in custody at Lowestoft Police station where he will be interviewed by detectives.
The address at Cambridge Road has been cordoned off as a full investigation takes place.
Police would like to hear from anyone who was in the Cambridge Road area between midnight and 1.30am this morning, who may have seen or heard anything that may assist enquiries into the incident.
They will be carrying out a street meeting in Cambridge Road between 2pm and 4pm on Sunday, November 22, to give local residents the opportunity to speak to officers about any concerns they may have.
- 1 Restaurant owner 'optimistic' for future after Christmas cancellations
- 2 Road rage incident sees van driver run over by car
- 3 Man arrested in Lowestoft after stop and search finds cannabis and cash
- 4 New homes and retail unit bid for vacant former Tesco store
- 5 Holocaust memorial ceremony to be held at town's rail station
- 6 Coastal wreckage scuba diving club searching for new members
- 7 'Blight' of fly-tipping on rise in east Suffolk as council vows clampdown
- 8 Motorbike stolen during overnight theft in Lowestoft
- 9 Further cold weather alert for Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 'Don't suffer in silence': Support on offer as UK heads for inflation spike
Anyone with information is asked to call Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.