Woman struck in Lowestoft assault
POLICE are seeking witnesses after a woman was assaulted as trouble flared in Lowestoft.The incident happened in Commercial Road around 12.35pm to 12.
POLICE are seeking witnesses after a woman was assaulted as trouble flared in Lowestoft.
The incident happened in Commercial Road around 12.35pm to 12.45pm yesterday (Monday, February 9).
A 44-year-old woman was in her Jeep and was waiting at the London Road South/Station Square junction to join the flow of traffic when a man pushing a pushchair approached on the pavement from her left.
He then became aggressive towards the woman and her passenger. The 44-year-old got out of her vehicle and the man continued shouting at her.
You may also want to watch:
A woman then approached and tried to get the man to leave, but as the 44-year-old went to get back in her vehicle she was struck on the arm. She was uninjured.
Police need to trace the man who is white, in his late 20s to early 30s, of thin build, around 5ft 5ins to 5ft 6ins tall with blond curly-ish hair and a teardrop tattoo on his cheek.
- 1 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 2 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 3 Emergency works cause early morning traffic chaos on A47
- 4 'Welcome back!' - Glasses raised as popular pub reopens
- 5 Duo left shaken after youths threw stones and jumped on parked car
- 6 'A real buzz' hits Lowestoft as lockdown rules ease
- 7 Woman scared to leave her house after being closely followed by man
- 8 Royal Mail postboxes stolen from villages
- 9 Arson probe after flames from lit aerosol cans cause late night damage
- 10 Woman punched on the ground after walking crutch was kicked away
Officers also need to speak to anyone who saw the incident, and if you can help please call Lowestoft police on 01986 835300.