Woman struck in Lowestoft assault
POLICE are seeking witnesses after a woman was assaulted as trouble flared in Lowestoft.The incident happened in Commercial Road around 12.35pm to 12.
POLICE are seeking witnesses after a woman was assaulted as trouble flared in Lowestoft.
The incident happened in Commercial Road around 12.35pm to 12.45pm yesterday (Monday, February 9).
A 44-year-old woman was in her Jeep and was waiting at the London Road South/Station Square junction to join the flow of traffic when a man pushing a pushchair approached on the pavement from her left.
He then became aggressive towards the woman and her passenger. The 44-year-old got out of her vehicle and the man continued shouting at her.
You may also want to watch:
A woman then approached and tried to get the man to leave, but as the 44-year-old went to get back in her vehicle she was struck on the arm. She was uninjured.
Police need to trace the man who is white, in his late 20s to early 30s, of thin build, around 5ft 5ins to 5ft 6ins tall with blond curly-ish hair and a teardrop tattoo on his cheek.
- 1 Man in 30s dies after crash on A12
- 2 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 3 Two men assaulted at children's play park
- 4 Man fled into KFC after being chased at knifepoint in Lowestoft
- 5 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 6 Dancing doc, 93, boogies for four hours in town centre for charity
- 7 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 8 More fatal crashes on Suffolk roads this year already than whole of 2020
- 9 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 10 Lowestoft man denies breaching restraining order moments after it was made
Officers also need to speak to anyone who saw the incident, and if you can help please call Lowestoft police on 01986 835300.