Women injured after objects thrown from vehicles
POLICE are seeking witnesses after two separate incidents in which objects were thrown from vehicles at women.
The incidents happened in Somerleyton and Lowestoft on consecutive days last week.
Around 3.15pm last Tuesday (November 2) a 39-year-old woman was walking along The Street in Somerleyton when a silver grey vehicle – possibly a Vauxhall and similar to a small van or estate with panel windows – with a black grill or mesh fitted to the back window drove past and she felt something strike her on the arm.
The woman then realised someone had thrown an apple at her from the vehicle. She suffered a large bruise to her arm.
The second incident happened in Waveney Drive just before 8pm last Wednesday (November 3). A woman was walking along the road with a friend when they became aware of a navy blue old car, which was dirty and had three or four people inside and was similar in size to a Ford Escort, travelling at some speed towards them.
You may also want to watch:
As it got closer an egg was thrown from the vehicle hitting the 39-year-old. She suffered redness and bruising to her body.
Police need to trace the occupants of these vehicles and anyone with information about the incidents should call Lowestoft police station on 01986 835300.
- 1 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 2 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 4 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 5 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 6 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 7 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 8 NessFest to return to Lowestoft with free events all week
- 9 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 10 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise