Wonderful butterfly shot wins Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This wonderful shot of a swallowtailed butterfly captured in the wildflower meadow at Shrumpshaw Fen, Norwich, has taken the crown as Picture of the Week.
Trevor Thompson, of Oulton Broad, took the photo on his Canon 70D with a 300mm prime lens during a visit last month.
He said: 'It was difficult to capture in focus because it was very active. It stayed for a long time content to float from flower to flower.
'I took 155 pictures of this butterfly with about 20 in reasonable focus.
'This particular picture appealed to me because it captures the lovely insect and the surrounding colours of the beautiful wildflower meadow.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Mr Thompson receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 2 'The Gull Wing is go' - Joy as third crossing secures Government approval
- 3 High street store for auction as 'residential development'
- 4 Missing pregnant woman found
- 5 Hunt for witnesses after 10 vandals target bike shelter
- 6 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads
- 7 ‘A true gentleman’ - Tributes paid to popular fish merchant, pub landlord and Freemason
- 8 Seven arrested and three charged with supplying cocaine after large police presence in village
- 9 Staggering response to ‘Relight my fire’ campaign
- 10 Welcome to our new website