Wonderful butterfly shot wins Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This wonderful shot of a swallowtailed butterfly captured in the wildflower meadow at Shrumpshaw Fen, Norwich, has taken the crown as Picture of the Week.
Trevor Thompson, of Oulton Broad, took the photo on his Canon 70D with a 300mm prime lens during a visit last month.
He said: 'It was difficult to capture in focus because it was very active. It stayed for a long time content to float from flower to flower.
'I took 155 pictures of this butterfly with about 20 in reasonable focus.
'This particular picture appealed to me because it captures the lovely insect and the surrounding colours of the beautiful wildflower meadow.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Mr Thompson receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 5 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 8 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 Man, 45, jailed for Lowestoft burglaries