Work starts on new Lowestoft store
WORK has started on the former Somerfield store in Lowestoft.Scaffolding has gone up outside the building in London Road North as work commences on the clothes shop chain Peacocks.
WORK has started on the former Somerfield store in Lowestoft.
Scaffolding has gone up outside the building in London Road North as work commences on the clothes shop chain Peacocks.
The new store will occupy around a third of the former supermarket site and it is anticipated that Peacocks will open at the end of June.
With two other units still available on the Somerfield site, a spokesman for Waveney District Council yesterday revealed that no additional planning applications had been lodged as yet.
You may also want to watch:
'The only application we've had is for Peacocks,' the council spokesman said.
However, it is believed that Wilkinson and Starbucks have expressed an interest in moving into the town.
- 1 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 5 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 8 Confiscation hearing adjourned for North sea jet ski drug smugglers
- 9 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 10 Man hit with club and struck with knife in Lowestoft assault