Work starts on new Lowestoft store
WORK has started on the former Somerfield store in Lowestoft.Scaffolding has gone up outside the building in London Road North as work commences on the clothes shop chain Peacocks.
WORK has started on the former Somerfield store in Lowestoft.
Scaffolding has gone up outside the building in London Road North as work commences on the clothes shop chain Peacocks.
The new store will occupy around a third of the former supermarket site and it is anticipated that Peacocks will open at the end of June.
With two other units still available on the Somerfield site, a spokesman for Waveney District Council yesterday revealed that no additional planning applications had been lodged as yet.
'The only application we've had is for Peacocks,' the council spokesman said.
However, it is believed that Wilkinson and Starbucks have expressed an interest in moving into the town.
- 1 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 2 Thug who 'climbed in window and threatened man for over an hour' is jailed
- 3 'It will look fantastic': Work to restore former Post Office under way
- 4 'A real gent' - Father raising awareness of rare cancer passes away aged 61
- 5 New trees planted on disused piece of land as Community Garden is unveiled
- 6 'A fantastic accolade': Top award honour for community staff nurse
- 7 Weightlifter abused hospital staff after five day drinking binge
- 8 'Something special': First Light Festival to return with new events
- 9 Bikes stolen in garage break-ins and separate theft in Lowestoft
- 10 Man punched in face in Lowestoft supermarket car park