Work starts on new Lowestoft store
WORK has started on the former Somerfield store in Lowestoft.Scaffolding has gone up outside the building in London Road North as work commences on the clothes shop chain Peacocks.
WORK has started on the former Somerfield store in Lowestoft.
Scaffolding has gone up outside the building in London Road North as work commences on the clothes shop chain Peacocks.
The new store will occupy around a third of the former supermarket site and it is anticipated that Peacocks will open at the end of June.
With two other units still available on the Somerfield site, a spokesman for Waveney District Council yesterday revealed that no additional planning applications had been lodged as yet.
You may also want to watch:
'The only application we've had is for Peacocks,' the council spokesman said.
However, it is believed that Wilkinson and Starbucks have expressed an interest in moving into the town.
- 1 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 2 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 3 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 4 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 5 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 6 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 7 New policy unveiled for commemorative benches across district
- 8 Ladder used by fire crew to rescue injured gull
- 9 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 10 Visually impaired woman urges people with diabetes to get retinal screenings