Work starts on new Lowestoft store
WORK has started on the former Somerfield store in Lowestoft.Scaffolding has gone up outside the building in London Road North as work commences on the clothes shop chain Peacocks.
WORK has started on the former Somerfield store in Lowestoft.
Scaffolding has gone up outside the building in London Road North as work commences on the clothes shop chain Peacocks.
The new store will occupy around a third of the former supermarket site and it is anticipated that Peacocks will open at the end of June.
With two other units still available on the Somerfield site, a spokesman for Waveney District Council yesterday revealed that no additional planning applications had been lodged as yet.
You may also want to watch:
'The only application we've had is for Peacocks,' the council spokesman said.
However, it is believed that Wilkinson and Starbucks have expressed an interest in moving into the town.
- 1 A12 re-opens following serious three-vehicle crash
- 2 Dangerous double drug-driver awaits sentence for injuring cyclist
- 3 'Foolish' - Landowner could face prosecution after drilling into trees
- 4 Traffic problems as bridge lights stuck on red
- 5 Lowestoft gets £24.9m for key town centre projects
- 6 Delays expected as 48-ton boat is transported through region
- 7 Man in 20s among further Covid deaths at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Man charged following early morning burglary attempt
- 9 The voice of the Shipping Forecast publishes latest fox storybook
- 10 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft