Work starts on new Lowestoft store
WORK has started on the former Somerfield store in Lowestoft.Scaffolding has gone up outside the building in London Road North as work commences on the clothes shop chain Peacocks.
WORK has started on the former Somerfield store in Lowestoft.
Scaffolding has gone up outside the building in London Road North as work commences on the clothes shop chain Peacocks.
The new store will occupy around a third of the former supermarket site and it is anticipated that Peacocks will open at the end of June.
With two other units still available on the Somerfield site, a spokesman for Waveney District Council yesterday revealed that no additional planning applications had been lodged as yet.
'The only application we've had is for Peacocks,' the council spokesman said.
However, it is believed that Wilkinson and Starbucks have expressed an interest in moving into the town.
- 1 Mystery of container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast solved
- 2 'A first for Lowestoft': Joy as new outdoor fitness equipment unveiled
- 3 Wooden fence panels stolen from front garden of home
- 4 Banksy mural created to spark debate after town's artwork was sold
- 5 Woman accused of exposing herself to boy outside Lowestoft park
- 6 'Historic' ground share agreement sealed for season
- 7 WATCH: Three people and two dogs rescued from car fire
- 8 VW Golf seized and BMW driver warned over loud exhaust in Lowestoft
- 9 Corton's Got Talent! Inspirational pupils' show for hundreds of parents
- 10 Vital new community bus service launches to help isolated get out and about