Work to begin on damaged crossing
WORK to replace railings at a Lowestoft pedestrian crossing is set to commence today.The pedestrian guard railing on the central island near the junction of Hollingsworth Road and Yarmouth Road is due to be replaced after it was damaged.
WORK to replace railings at a Lowestoft pedestrian crossing is set to commence today.
The pedestrian guard railing on the central island near the junction of Hollingsworth Road and Yarmouth Road is due to be replaced after it was damaged.
The work to replace the railings is due to take place today (Thursday) and tomorrow (Friday), and has been arranged to take place while children are on their half-term break.
Highways Agency contractors will carry out the work during the daytime because of the noise generated and while traffic will not be affected, pedestrians may experience some disruption.
- 1 BBC film crew spotted filming in Lowestoft
- 2 'Ethan touched the lives of everyone': Family's emotional tribute to teen
- 3 Lowestoft man jailed after breaching restraining order within an hour
- 4 Police hunt for teenager with knife who threatened man in town centre
- 5 'Like an earthquake' - Life by Lowestoft's Gull Wing construction site
- 6 Go-ahead for new shops and flats at site of former family-run business
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of GBH
- 8 Major infrastructure projects 'putting pressure' on Suffolk
- 9 Arsonist to be sentenced after admitting starting blaze at block of flats
- 10 Enquiries ongoing after man sexually assaulted on Lowestoft beach