Work to begin on damaged crossing
WORK to replace railings at a Lowestoft pedestrian crossing is set to commence today.The pedestrian guard railing on the central island near the junction of Hollingsworth Road and Yarmouth Road is due to be replaced after it was damaged.
WORK to replace railings at a Lowestoft pedestrian crossing is set to commence today.
The pedestrian guard railing on the central island near the junction of Hollingsworth Road and Yarmouth Road is due to be replaced after it was damaged.
The work to replace the railings is due to take place today (Thursday) and tomorrow (Friday), and has been arranged to take place while children are on their half-term break.
Highways Agency contractors will carry out the work during the daytime because of the noise generated and while traffic will not be affected, pedestrians may experience some disruption.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week
- 2 Pub and restaurant group 'looking forward' to re-opening popular venues
- 3 'A redevelopment opportunity' - Empty town centre shop and maisonette set for auction
- 4 'Innovative' new street light sparks interest on the coast
- 5 'We can't wait' - Boutique owners prepare for April 12 re-opening
- 6 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 7 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son
- 8 Investigations continuing after drugs seized during police raid
- 9 University joy for Lowestoft Sixth Form students
- 10 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch