World Cup fever spreads as patriotic roundabout pops up near Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
A mysterious World Cup craze has spread from Norfolk to Suffolk with the appearance of a patriotic roundabout near Lowestoft.
The craze kicked off in the build up to England's opening game against Tunisia when a roundabout in Brasenose Avenue in Gorleston was emblazoned with the St George's flag.
And now a patriotic painting has also appeared on one of two mini roundabouts in Gorleston Road, Oulton Broad, at the junction with Gresham Avenue.
It is thought to be the first roundabout locally to be given a football makeover, with further roundabouts in Great Yarmouth, Gorleston, Bradwell and Belton also being painted in support of Harry Kane and the Three Lions team.
Karen High, who owns and runs The Ole Frank Pub near the roundabout with her husband Glen and son Ritchi, said: 'I think it is really great that people are getting into the spirit of it.
You may also want to watch:
'It's quite unusual and I haven't seen anything else like it around here.
'I have no idea who did it. I live opposite the roundabout and I haven't seen anyone out there with a pot of paint!'
- 1 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 2 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 3 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 Victorian footbridge in Lowestoft set to undergo 'significant repairs'
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 7 High Sheriff praises mental health support at high school in Lowestoft
- 8 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced
- 9 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 10 Discovery of personal items in woods 'not suspicious', police confirm
Mrs High and her family have also decorated the outside of their pub with England bunting, and said they have been extremely busy for the World Cup matches.
What do you think of the idea? Or have you spotted another roundabout in the Lowestoft area? Send your thoughts and photos to firstname.lastname@example.org