World Cup fever spreads as patriotic roundabout pops up near Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
A mysterious World Cup craze has spread from Norfolk to Suffolk with the appearance of a patriotic roundabout near Lowestoft.
The craze kicked off in the build up to England's opening game against Tunisia when a roundabout in Brasenose Avenue in Gorleston was emblazoned with the St George's flag.
And now a patriotic painting has also appeared on one of two mini roundabouts in Gorleston Road, Oulton Broad, at the junction with Gresham Avenue.
It is thought to be the first roundabout locally to be given a football makeover, with further roundabouts in Great Yarmouth, Gorleston, Bradwell and Belton also being painted in support of Harry Kane and the Three Lions team.
Karen High, who owns and runs The Ole Frank Pub near the roundabout with her husband Glen and son Ritchi, said: 'I think it is really great that people are getting into the spirit of it.
You may also want to watch:
'It's quite unusual and I haven't seen anything else like it around here.
'I have no idea who did it. I live opposite the roundabout and I haven't seen anyone out there with a pot of paint!'
- 1 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 4 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 5 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 6 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 7 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 8 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 9 Delays 'possible' warning ahead of footway works in Lowestoft
- 10 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
Mrs High and her family have also decorated the outside of their pub with England bunting, and said they have been extremely busy for the World Cup matches.
What do you think of the idea? Or have you spotted another roundabout in the Lowestoft area? Send your thoughts and photos to email@example.com