World's funniest joke is revealed
THE world's funniest joke has been revealed after a magazine scoured the globe in search of the best gag.Reader's Digest received entries from all 50 of its international editions, with readers invited to pick their favourite from a shortlist of 30.
THE world's funniest joke has been revealed after a magazine scoured the globe in search of the best gag.
Reader's Digest received entries from all 50 of its international editions, with readers invited to pick their favourite from a shortlist of 30.
J�rgen J�nssen of Sj�bo in Sweden claimed the crown, winning $1,000 for his joke about a chance encounter between an arrogant city man and a bemused farmer.
The UK's entry, by comedian Milton Jones, finished 26th.
Reader's Digest's UK Commissioning Editor Simon Hemelryk said: 'The winning joke has a universally appealing theme: the little guy putting one over on the pompous idiot.
'If the British joke didn't do as well as it could have, that's probably because its word play was lost in translation!'
- 1 Adder warning in coastal areas as snakes come out to bask
- 2 One of the world's largest container ships anchors off coast
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp in popular park
- 4 Jailed this week: Paedophile and teen who blinded man
- 5 A146 near Beccles closed by police after crash
- 6 Woman who broke both legs in multiple places after fainting thanks NHS
- 7 Bank holiday beer festival to take place at seafront pavilion
- 8 New fully vegan café to open in Lowestoft
- 9 Is this Suffolk's most stylish beach hut?
- 10 Three men arrested after 'unofficial Supermarket Sweep' in town centre
The World's Funniest Joke:
A well-dressed man from Stockholm on a hunting trip takes aim and shoots a duck. But the fowl drops into a farmer's field and the farmer claims it. Since both want the bird, the farmer suggests settling it the old-fashioned way: with a hick-kick.
'I kick you as hard as I can in the crotch, then you do the same to me,' he explains. 'Whoever screams the least gets the duck.'
The city man agrees. So the farmer winds up and delivers a crushing blow to the man's privates.
He collapses to the ground. When he finally manages to stand, he gasps, 'My turn.'
'Nah,' says the farmer, turning away. 'You can keep the duck.'
The UK Entry:
'About a month before he died, my grandmother covered my grandfather's back with lard. After that, he went downhill very quickly.'