Writers ready for deadline as inaugural East Anglian Author Fair is set to hit Lowestoft
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Seven writers based in Lowestoft, who pledged to finish and publish their work in time for the first annual East Anglian Author Fair and pop-up bookshop, are on course to meet their deadline.
In November 2014, Suzan Collins and fellow scribes Jo Wilde, Helen Thwaites, Enid Thwaites, Helen Meneghello, Pam Finch and Bronwen Grono decided to make their pledge before subsequently forming themselves into WAG (Waveney Author Group).
The women have been meeting together on a monthly basis for mutual support and guidance.
The first annual East Anglian Author Fair 2015 will take place over this weekend (July 25-26) at The Coconut Loft in Waterloo Road from 10am until 4pm.
Event organiser Suzan Collins said: 'The ambience of The Coconut Loft art gallery is the perfect backdrop for this author fair and pop-up bookshop.
You may also want to watch:
'I have been overwhelmed by the number of authors who wanted to come and showcase their work. In the end we had to limit it to 12 authors to ensure room for the customers.'
Other authors appearing at the event are Andrew Lowe, Ann Bowyer, Ashley Cliveson, Ian Robb, Terry Tarbox and Caroline Way.
- 1 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 2 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 3 Latitude Festival 2021: Supergrass kicks off sunny second day
- 4 Iconic hospital likely to be sold to private developer
- 5 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 6 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 7 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 8 Suffolk-built boats relive glory days on Oulton Broad
- 9 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 10 Bouncing back: The perfect place in Lowestoft for a sunny day out
For more information contact Suzan Collins on 07815807337.