Writers ready for deadline as inaugural East Anglian Author Fair is set to hit Lowestoft
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Seven writers based in Lowestoft, who pledged to finish and publish their work in time for the first annual East Anglian Author Fair and pop-up bookshop, are on course to meet their deadline.
In November 2014, Suzan Collins and fellow scribes Jo Wilde, Helen Thwaites, Enid Thwaites, Helen Meneghello, Pam Finch and Bronwen Grono decided to make their pledge before subsequently forming themselves into WAG (Waveney Author Group).
The women have been meeting together on a monthly basis for mutual support and guidance.
The first annual East Anglian Author Fair 2015 will take place over this weekend (July 25-26) at The Coconut Loft in Waterloo Road from 10am until 4pm.
Event organiser Suzan Collins said: 'The ambience of The Coconut Loft art gallery is the perfect backdrop for this author fair and pop-up bookshop.
You may also want to watch:
'I have been overwhelmed by the number of authors who wanted to come and showcase their work. In the end we had to limit it to 12 authors to ensure room for the customers.'
Other authors appearing at the event are Andrew Lowe, Ann Bowyer, Ashley Cliveson, Ian Robb, Terry Tarbox and Caroline Way.
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 4 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 5 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 6 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 7 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 8 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 9 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 10 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
For more information contact Suzan Collins on 07815807337.