X Factor finalist Ruth Lorenzo set to hit Lowestoft
STAR TIPS: A finalist from the TV show X Factor will be in Lowestoft next week – to help promote health tips to mums-to-be.
Ruth Lorenzo will be on stage during the event in London Road North, as well as meeting and greeting the public.
NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney's stop smoking team is hosting the event outside British Home Stores, called 'baby clear healthy bumps day'. It will concentrate on promoting healthy pregnancies, and encouraging mums-to-be to stop smoking.
Andy Trohear, specialist stop smoking advisor, said: 'We want to encourage as many mums-to-be as possible to get help to stop smoking at an early stage in their pregnancy as it makes such a huge difference to health.'
During the day, pregnant women and new parents can drop in and have their carbon monoxide levels tested, while midwives and the breastfeeding team will also be on hand to give help and advice. The nutrition team will demonstrate healthy cooking during pregnancy, and there will also be plenty to keep children entertained, such as face painting and colouring competitions.
You may also want to watch:
n The event runs from 10am to 3pm. Anyone unable to attend who would like more information about help to stop smoking during pregnancy can call the freephone helpline on 0800 6523477 or text BABY to 65000.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 5 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted
- 8 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham