Yarmouth men questioned over post office raid
Anthony CarrollPolice are still questioning three Yarmouth men arrested in connection with an armed robbery at a rural post office.The men were arrested on the suspicion of armed robbery following an incident at the post office in Rollesby yesterday morning.Anthony Carroll
Police are still questioning three Yarmouth men arrested in connection with an armed robbery at a rural post office.
The men were arrested on the suspicion of armed robbery following an incident at the post office in Rollesby yesterday morning.
During the robbery offenders wearing balaclavas are believed to have used sledgehammers to force their way into the building off Fleggburgh Road at about 9.15am.
This afternoon the police would not reveal how much was taken in the raid but did confirm that that three men - aged 29, 26 and 22 - were all from the Yarmouth area.
You may also want to watch:
The men are being questioned by detectives at Yarmouth police station.
Two youths from the Yarmouth area, a 17-year-old boy and a 16-year-old girl, who were arrested on the suspicion of perverting the course of justice following the robbery have been released on police bail pending further enquiries.
- 1 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 2 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 3 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 4 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 5 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 6 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 7 Sexual misconduct allegations against Suffolk police officers revealed under FoI laws
- 8 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 9 Man charged after late night crash in Lowestoft
- 10 Brit Award winner cancels Latitude and Norwich shows due to Covid
Anyone with information on the Rollesby post office robbery should contact Yarmouth CID on 0845 4564567.