Yarmouth men questioned over post office raid
Anthony CarrollPolice are still questioning three Yarmouth men arrested in connection with an armed robbery at a rural post office.The men were arrested on the suspicion of armed robbery following an incident at the post office in Rollesby yesterday morning.Anthony Carroll
Police are still questioning three Yarmouth men arrested in connection with an armed robbery at a rural post office.
The men were arrested on the suspicion of armed robbery following an incident at the post office in Rollesby yesterday morning.
During the robbery offenders wearing balaclavas are believed to have used sledgehammers to force their way into the building off Fleggburgh Road at about 9.15am.
This afternoon the police would not reveal how much was taken in the raid but did confirm that that three men - aged 29, 26 and 22 - were all from the Yarmouth area.
You may also want to watch:
The men are being questioned by detectives at Yarmouth police station.
Two youths from the Yarmouth area, a 17-year-old boy and a 16-year-old girl, who were arrested on the suspicion of perverting the course of justice following the robbery have been released on police bail pending further enquiries.
- 1 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 2 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week
- 3 University joy for Lowestoft Sixth Form students
- 4 Repair works to be carried out along Lowestoft north Denes
- 5 Hunt continues for Mercedes driver who crashed into homes in Lowestoft
- 6 Trio 'released under investigation' following arrests outside petrol station
- 7 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 8 How visiting restrictions are easing at Norfolk's hospitals
- 9 Lowestoft man admits sending revenge porn to ex-partner's family
- 10 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
Anyone with information on the Rollesby post office robbery should contact Yarmouth CID on 0845 4564567.