Yarmouth men questioned over post office raid
Anthony CarrollPolice are still questioning three Yarmouth men arrested in connection with an armed robbery at a rural post office.The men were arrested on the suspicion of armed robbery following an incident at the post office in Rollesby yesterday morning.Anthony Carroll
Police are still questioning three Yarmouth men arrested in connection with an armed robbery at a rural post office.
The men were arrested on the suspicion of armed robbery following an incident at the post office in Rollesby yesterday morning.
During the robbery offenders wearing balaclavas are believed to have used sledgehammers to force their way into the building off Fleggburgh Road at about 9.15am.
This afternoon the police would not reveal how much was taken in the raid but did confirm that that three men - aged 29, 26 and 22 - were all from the Yarmouth area.
The men are being questioned by detectives at Yarmouth police station.
Two youths from the Yarmouth area, a 17-year-old boy and a 16-year-old girl, who were arrested on the suspicion of perverting the course of justice following the robbery have been released on police bail pending further enquiries.
- 1 Part of A47 closed in Lowestoft due to incident
- 2 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 3 Police seek help to identify man after wallet theft
- 4 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 5 Suspect identified in seafront hate attack
- 6 Lowestoft man jailed after breaching restraining order within an hour
- 7 Crackdown on second home owners exploiting tax loophole on coast
- 8 Hospitality businesses braced for change after face mask announcement
- 9 Arsonist to be sentenced after admitting starting blaze at block of flats
- 10 Street to be decorated with Christmas decorations for Children's charity
Anyone with information on the Rollesby post office robbery should contact Yarmouth CID on 0845 4564567.