You can't rely just on rail
AS hard as I try I still cannot see the rail network as an acceptable replacement for an efficient road system.You can go on quoting statistics until you are blue in the face but the fact remains .
AS hard as I try I still cannot see the rail network as an acceptable replacement for an efficient road system.
You can go on quoting statistics until you are blue in the face but the fact remains ... railways don't run door to door hence they can't provide the exact destination for everyone.
Not only that but I have frequently travelled on rail systems in a range of European and African countries.
In almost every case their rail systems are subsidised to provide cheap and efficient transport to the masses.
You may also want to watch:
We are currently facing an inflation-busting ticket price hike and delays and cancellations of epic proportions, especially if you are unfortunate enough to be travelling to London.
My case for improved road networks isn't based upon statistics, it's based upon the simple human desires for an economically acceptable mode of transport and one that actually gets you where you want to go.
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 5 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 6 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 7 How well do you know Lowestoft?
- 8 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 9 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 10 Local recruitment crisis for dentists in east Suffolk
Kirkley Park Road
*This wins our Letter of the Week Award and the writer will receive a bouquet courtesy of Sansom's Florists.