Young boy knocked over in Lowestoft
A YOUNG boy has been injured after being involved in a collision with a car in Lowestoft.The emergency services are currently on the scene of the collision in Yarmouth Road, which happened outside the Denes High School at around 4.
A YOUNG boy has been injured after being involved in a collision with a car in Lowestoft.
The collision happened in Yarmouth Road, just outside the Denes High School, at around 4.10pm on Tuesday afternoon.
Police spokesman Anne-Marie Breach told The Journal: 'We were called just after 4.15pm to Yarmouth Road after receiving a report that a young boy had been knocked over.
'He is believed to be 11-years-old and has suffered minor injuries.'
The youngster was involved in a collision with a maroon Volvo 960 car, and the scene was eventually cleared by 4.45pm with the road - one of the major gateways to and from town - re-opened.
- 1 Roadworks to know about in Lowestoft this week
- 2 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 3 Families flock to coastal town centre ahead of switch-on event
- 4 Man 'remains under investigation' after car crashed into home
- 5 Man charged and two arrested after victim hit with knife in assault
- 6 New homes earmarked for former offices near town centre
- 7 Man arrested in connection with Lowestoft assault
- 8 Amelia Reynolds: 'I've learned to live a bit more in the present - enjoy the right now'
- 9 Victorian theme attracts hundreds for town's festivities
- 10 67-year-old Lowestoft drug dealer found with £200,000 of cocaine jailed