Young boy knocked over in Lowestoft
A YOUNG boy has been injured after being involved in a collision with a car in Lowestoft.The emergency services are currently on the scene of the collision in Yarmouth Road, which happened outside the Denes High School at around 4.
A YOUNG boy has been injured after being involved in a collision with a car in Lowestoft.
The collision happened in Yarmouth Road, just outside the Denes High School, at around 4.10pm on Tuesday afternoon.
Police spokesman Anne-Marie Breach told The Journal: 'We were called just after 4.15pm to Yarmouth Road after receiving a report that a young boy had been knocked over.
'He is believed to be 11-years-old and has suffered minor injuries.'
You may also want to watch:
The youngster was involved in a collision with a maroon Volvo 960 car, and the scene was eventually cleared by 4.45pm with the road - one of the major gateways to and from town - re-opened.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 2 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 3 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 4 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 5 Campers arrive 'back in paradise' at sold-out Latitude Festival
- 6 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 7 O2 phone store burglars facing jail terms for break-in
- 8 Joy as CityFibre backs Lowestoft landmark with sponsorship deal
- 9 'Can’t burst our bubble' - Primary school marks 'incredible' success
- 10 Bouncing back: The perfect place in Lowestoft for a sunny day out