Young corporal completes Netherlands military march
- Credit: Archant
A Lowestoft teenager has completed a famous military march in the Netherlands.
Corporal Brandon Roe is a member of 469 Squadron the Royal Air Force Cadets, based in Lowestoft.
The 16-year-old travelled to take part in the Nijmegen Marches, which involves walking 40km per day for four days.
Visitors came from across the world to walk in and around the city alongside military marching teams, all donning their uniforms.
This year's event marks the 101st march since the first was held in 1909.
You may also want to watch:
Cpl Roe said: 'The experience was amazing. The sheer amount of people on the streets and along the route gave the whole event a real carnival atmosphere.
'It was really hard but very rewarding. All being well, this is the first of many marches that I intend to complete.'
- 1 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 2 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 3 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 4 Warning after man duped into paying £300 to 'forceful' rogue traders
- 5 Two Lowestoft recycling rounds costing £50,000 in contaminated waste
- 6 Sadness at latest Lowestoft town centre store closure
- 7 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 8 'Life and soul of the party': Lowestoft pub boss remembered
- 9 Three men arrested after van targeted in break-in
- 10 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree
Lowestoft's Air Force Cadets meet every Monday and Friday at St Peter's Street.
Anyone interested in joining can call 01502 564964 or visit 496sqnatc.onesuffolk.net.