Young corporal completes Netherlands military march
- Credit: Archant
A Lowestoft teenager has completed a famous military march in the Netherlands.
Corporal Brandon Roe is a member of 469 Squadron the Royal Air Force Cadets, based in Lowestoft.
The 16-year-old travelled to take part in the Nijmegen Marches, which involves walking 40km per day for four days.
Visitors came from across the world to walk in and around the city alongside military marching teams, all donning their uniforms.
This year's event marks the 101st march since the first was held in 1909.
You may also want to watch:
Cpl Roe said: 'The experience was amazing. The sheer amount of people on the streets and along the route gave the whole event a real carnival atmosphere.
'It was really hard but very rewarding. All being well, this is the first of many marches that I intend to complete.'
- 1 Hotels launch search for more than 20 new staff members
- 2 Lowestoft man fined £2,000 for noise offences after warning
- 3 New restaurant offering 'finest Asian cuisine' opens in Lowestoft
- 4 School sites targeted as vandals cause damage across Lowestoft
- 5 New operator to be unveiled for Lowestoft pavilion regeneration
- 6 Bomb disposal unit detonate device found on beach
- 7 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 8 Vulnerable man abused by group of youths in Lowestoft
- 9 National recognition as care home 'heroes' are honoured
- 10 Fire crews called to rural spot after horse found in ditch
Lowestoft's Air Force Cadets meet every Monday and Friday at St Peter's Street.
Anyone interested in joining can call 01502 564964 or visit 496sqnatc.onesuffolk.net.