Young Waveney skaters dance their way to Regional Rookie successes
- Credit: Waveney Roller Skating Club
Six very young Waveney skaters took part in the Retroskate Regional Rookie Competition, performing in competition for the very first time.
In the Basic Skills solo for five years and under, Ellie-Mae Davey performed her routine with style and confidence, which resulted in her winning the Bronze medal.
Next was Abbie Coppen, in the six to seven years category. Abbie skated a pleasing routine, and was awarded a very creditable 5th place.
The eight to nine years age group produced more excellent performances, with Esther Dunster skating very well to earn a 7th place, while Lily-Mae Hanson glided into 8th position with her pretty performance. Libbie Glover clearly enjoyed performing her skills, and was placed 9th. Skye Utting skated an elegant and confident programme, and was awarded 10th place.
All six girls then skated in the Basic Skills Duo event, for six to nine year olds.
You may also want to watch:
Ellie-Mae and Abbie paired up and won 5th place, with Esther and Lily-Mae following closely with 6th place, and Skye and Libbie completed with 7th place.
The day was a great success, and the Waveney Roller Skating Club coaching team said they were immensely proud of these young competitors.
- 1 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 2 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 3 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 4 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 5 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 6 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 7 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 8 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft
- 9 Swimmer in trouble at sea sparks lifeboat and coastguards response
- 10 Inquests open into deaths of two men missing since speedboat tragedy in 2014
A spokesperson for the club added: 'Thanks go to Carla Smith, Carla Butcher, Linda Seuneke, Francesca Rumsby, and Ellen Clough for their efforts in preparing these young skaters for competition. Thanks also to to the Ormiston Denes Academy, for their training facilities.'
The competition was held on Sunday, July 23.
Anyone interested in learning to skate can join the beginners grades session on Saturday mornings from 10-11am, or for adults over 25 years the adult learn to skate session for beginners - or those wishing to pick up the sport again - is on Mondays 7.30-8.30pm.
For more information contact club via its website www.waveneyrsc.com