Youngsters from Lowestoft primary school visit new care home
- Credit: Archant
NEIGHBOURLY ADVICE: Pupils from Roman Hill Primary School in Lowestoft have been getting acquainted with their new neighbours at the nearby Britten Court care home.
About 20 pupils, aged four to six, visited the new care home on Love Road for the first time last month, when they sang songs with a group of residents in the home's Claremont Coffee Shop.
Britten Court home manager, Beata Brzozowska, said: 'The school pupils sang brilliantly and the residents loved joining in and clapping along. It was such a nice occasion, to see the younger and older members of the community come together to share a lovely afternoon together.'
Roman Hill Primary School is one of Britten Court's closest neighbours and, due to such an enjoyable first visit, the care home residents are looking forward to visits from the school pupils on a regular basis as young and old mingled and became good friends.
Britten Court opened its doors in December last year with residents moving in from Stradbroke Court and Blyford care homes in Lowestoft and The Dell in Beccles. With the final residents moving in during the early weeks of January, all residents are now settling in well and are enjoying their new surroundings.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about Britten Court, call the manager on 0333 321 1984 or visit careuk.com/britten-court
Pictured are the residents at Britten Court care home enjoying a visit from the Roman Hill Primary School pupils.
- 1 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 2 RNLI called as guard vessel found aground
- 3 'I need to see a body' - Sister's torment over speedboat deaths
- 4 Vandal's sentencing adjourned after 'mess' of car damage spree case
- 5 Rescue mission as fox gets tangled in football net
- 6 Joy as funding boost awarded to school creating sensory playground
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 9 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 10 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft