Youth club volunteers are sought
VOLUNTEERS are being sought to help out with the running of thriving youth clubs in Lowestoft.The Youth & Connexions service this week sent out a call to locals to get involved in working with young people who attend the youth clubs at Morton Road, Colville House and Boston Lodge.
VOLUNTEERS are being sought to help out with the running of thriving youth clubs in Lowestoft.
The Youth & Connexions service this week sent out a call to locals to get involved in working with young people who attend the youth clubs at Morton Road, Colville House and Boston Lodge.
'All the clubs are very successful with lots of young people aged 13 to 19 attending,' a spokesman for the Youth & Connexions service said. 'The work is challenging, exciting and rewarding.'
'The volunteers are not expected to have any youth work experience and they would enhance the work we do, so if they have skills in sport, dance, drama, craft, IT, music or anything else this would add to the varied programme of activities on offer,' the spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
'All volunteers will be offered support and supervision and will need to complete an application form and enhanced Criminal Records Bureau check and will take part in an interview process. Training will be given, and this includes access to NVQ2 Understanding Youth Work, First Aid and diversity.'
Application forms and job descriptions are available from Colville House Youth Club in Colville Road.
- 1 Lowestoft house fire starts in tumble dryer and rips through conservatory
- 2 Acid attack victim opens heart to TV star on true crime show
- 3 Woman bruised after being bitten by dog
- 4 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 5 Adapted trike helping to fulfil dreams and bring back 'happy memories'
- 6 Pier owners looking forward to bright future
- 7 Relief for kittiwakes as controversial netting removed
- 8 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 9 Magnet fishermen catch a stolen moped in broad
- 10 People gather in the street for funeral of "local legend"
Next week's Journal will include a feature on the flourishing youth clubs in Lowestoft, and their impact on the community.