Lowestoft Town made it eight games unbeaten after picking up another four points in the past week.

A victory and a draw means third placed Lowestoft have now moved 10 and 11 points clear of their two Suffolk rivals below them in the push for play-off places in the Pitching In Isthmian League North division.

And they can further extend the 12-point gap between them and sixth placed Grays Athletic on Saturday, as The Trawlerboys head to Essex at the weekend, before travelling to Suffolk rivals Bury Town next Tuesday night (March 21) in the Suffolk Premier Cup quarter finals.

The Blues recovered from falling two goals behind inside the opening 26 minutes against third bottom Hullbridge Sports last Saturday at the Fosters Solicitors Community Stadium.

Harry Knights forced Rob Eagle's corner home in the 29th minute, before three goals in the final 19 minutes saw The Trawlerboys bounce back in style.

Kyle Haylock’s spectacular volley made it 2-2 in the 71st minute before Josh Harvey headed home in the 83rd minute and skipper Travis Cole coverted a penalty in added on time.

Searching for a magnificent seventh successive win in the league and cup away at Brentwood Town on Tuesday night, Lowestoft led 0-2 at half time courtesy of goals from Jake Reed and Sam Johnson.

But the home side hit back after the break with a goal in the 51st minute and an equaliser five minutes from time.

Lowestoft Town manager Jamie Godbold said: "It was a good response to falling behind on Saturday and in the end it was a great result.

"Tuesday was a really tough game and the squad was stretched with injuries to Owen Murphy, Chris Henderson, Rob Eagle and Rhys Logan, while Knightsy was suspended.

"We got off to a cracking start but the home side hit back after the interval and in the end a point away is still a good result.

"Momentum and confidence in the squad is high at the moment ahead of tough away games to Grays and Bury."

Knights will return after suspension, Murphy (hamstring) is likely to be out for three weeks, Logan another two weeks, while Henderson and Eagle are "possibilities" to return to the squad.