Back to action - hopefully
KIRKLEY and Pakefield FC Notes by Stuart BakerKIRKLEY and Pakefield's first team have been out of action for 13 days now since their last game - the local derby against Lowestoft.
KIRKLEY and Pakefield FC Notes by Stuart Baker
KIRKLEY and Pakefield's first team have been out of action for 13 days now since their last game - the local derby against Lowestoft.
A redundant Saturday last week, due to a scheduled Suffolk U18 game, was followed by the postponement of Wednesday night's match against Woodbridge.
You may also want to watch:
This match, at Walmer Road, was called off due to a frozen surface, and the match has now been rescheduled to be played on Wednesday, January 21.
Hoping for better luck with the weather, and a return to action after the two week lay-off tomorrow, Nick Shorten's men travel to play Haverhill away tomorrow.
- 1 'More substantial than a Scotch egg': Pub creates the 'Botched egg'
- 2 Family 'truly moved' as crowds remember building company founder
- 3 Will Suffolk see snow as wintry showers hit before the weekend?
- 4 'A bit ridiculous': Environment Agency criticised after flood alert delay
- 5 Will Suffolk rubbish tip booking system remain permanently post-Covid?
- 6 Plea for answers after blacksmith's 'devastating' death
- 7 Suspected counterfeit cigarettes seized from Lowestoft business
- 8 Former care home could be turned into supported housing
- 9 Designer sunglasses stolen from parked car
- 10 Cannabis factory discovered after police called to burglary
The KP Royals are also in action next Wednesday with an away game against King's Lynn Reserves.
After a 5-1 away victory at Attleborough Town last Saturday, K&P Reserves are at home tomorrow to Long Stratton, and on Tuesday night are also in action at Walmer Road against Stalham Town, 7pm.
Both K&P A and K&P B teams will be looking to bounce back from league reversals last Saturday in their league matches tomorrow. Shaun Norman's side lost 3-1 away at league leaders Hearts of Oak, while Al Graham's youngsters narrowly lost out 4-3 against White Horse Seltic Reserves.
Tomorrow, K&P A have another tough fixture away at Wrentham, while the B team entertain Marquis of Lorne at Walmer Road.
The youth team are at home to Wroxham next Wednesday night, while the next pre match luncheon prior to K&P a first team fixture is on Saturday, February 27, ahead of the Harwich match.