Back to action - hopefully
KIRKLEY and Pakefield FC Notes by Stuart BakerKIRKLEY and Pakefield's first team have been out of action for 13 days now since their last game - the local derby against Lowestoft.
KIRKLEY and Pakefield FC Notes by Stuart Baker
KIRKLEY and Pakefield's first team have been out of action for 13 days now since their last game - the local derby against Lowestoft.
A redundant Saturday last week, due to a scheduled Suffolk U18 game, was followed by the postponement of Wednesday night's match against Woodbridge.
You may also want to watch:
This match, at Walmer Road, was called off due to a frozen surface, and the match has now been rescheduled to be played on Wednesday, January 21.
Hoping for better luck with the weather, and a return to action after the two week lay-off tomorrow, Nick Shorten's men travel to play Haverhill away tomorrow.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 3 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 4 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 5 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 6 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 7 Suzuki and Honda motorbikes stolen in overnight thefts
- 8 Minke whale to be removed from Lowestoft beach
- 9 Why some over 70s get the Covid vaccine before over 80s
- 10 Everyone at group's 32 care homes to get vaccine within 10 days
The KP Royals are also in action next Wednesday with an away game against King's Lynn Reserves.
After a 5-1 away victory at Attleborough Town last Saturday, K&P Reserves are at home tomorrow to Long Stratton, and on Tuesday night are also in action at Walmer Road against Stalham Town, 7pm.
Both K&P A and K&P B teams will be looking to bounce back from league reversals last Saturday in their league matches tomorrow. Shaun Norman's side lost 3-1 away at league leaders Hearts of Oak, while Al Graham's youngsters narrowly lost out 4-3 against White Horse Seltic Reserves.
Tomorrow, K&P A have another tough fixture away at Wrentham, while the B team entertain Marquis of Lorne at Walmer Road.
The youth team are at home to Wroxham next Wednesday night, while the next pre match luncheon prior to K&P a first team fixture is on Saturday, February 27, ahead of the Harwich match.