Blues defeated in north Suffolk derby
LOWESTOFT lost for only the second time in the league this season as they slipped to a 3-1 Premier Division defeat at title rivals Leiston.A sensational volley from Damian Hilton gave the Blues an 18th minute lead, but that was to prove as good as it got for the visitors.
LOWESTOFT lost for only the second time in the league this season as they slipped to a 3-1 Premier Division defeat at title rivals Leiston.
A sensational volley from Damian Hilton gave the Blues an 18th minute lead, but that was to prove as good as it got for the visitors.
Chris Sillett nodded an equaliser 10 minutes later and the hosts were 2-1 up at the break after Stuart Boardley's long range effort deceived Lowestoft keeper Andy Reynolds.
The Blues pushed hard for an equaliser in the second half, but Lee McGlone sealed the points for Leiston five minutes from time.
You may also want to watch:
Lowestoft will be aiming to bounce back from this disappointment with a midweek game at home against Norwich United in the league on Tuesday.
Kirkley and Pakefield, who were without a game on Saturday, return to league action at Walmer Road on Wednesday when they entertain Woodbridge.
- 1 'More substantial than a Scotch egg': Pub creates the 'Botched egg'
- 2 Family 'truly moved' as crowds remember building company founder
- 3 Will Suffolk see snow as wintry showers hit before the weekend?
- 4 'A bit ridiculous': Environment Agency criticised after flood alert delay
- 5 Will Suffolk rubbish tip booking system remain permanently post-Covid?
- 6 Plea for answers after blacksmith's 'devastating' death
- 7 Former care home could be turned into supported housing
- 8 Suspected counterfeit cigarettes seized from Lowestoft business
- 9 Designer sunglasses stolen from parked car
- 10 Cannabis factory discovered after police called to burglary