Bowls round-up: Browston Ladies A ease to Acle win
A welcome seven points for Browston Hall Ladies A team in their 60-46 home win against Acle A.
Top rink June Butcher, Sheila Shaw and Maggie Spurway were 8-0 up after two ends then only allowed their opponents to score on five ends, winning 20-5.
Angela Kher, June Petts and Pat Drinkall were only one shot ahead after six ends, but seven shots in their final two ends put them well in the lead at 18-9.
Dahlia MacDonald, Mary Barrett and Gil Bird were 7-2 up after seven ends although dropped seven shots in three ends before securing a 14-9 win.
The men's A team were at home to Roundwood A and took five points in their 83-66 win.
You may also want to watch:
Top rink V Moore, T Gowen, T Bridge and M French were never in trouble in their 25-10 win.
P Hurren, E MacDonald, R Kippen and D Chumbley were 1-5 down after six ends, and 8-8 at the 12th. They then went in front to win 18-14.
- 1 Could direct trains run from Lowestoft to London again?
- 2 Man recovering after suffering serious leg injury in crash
- 3 Delays warning as road closed for emergency repairs
- 4 Flood warning as Suffolk set for 23 hours of heavy rain later this week
- 5 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 6 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency
- 7 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Woman's four stone weight loss success despite global pandemic
- 9 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 10 'Be vigilant' plea after rise in vehicle thefts
The men's B team had a tough game away at Old Hall losing 64-92, R Barrett, M King, B Hubbard and M Munro won the team's only point in a close game, winning 23-18.
With the new season fast approaching the Waveney Bowls Club are very busy.
They have organised two beetle drives and have another booked for March 17.
A jumble sale is being held at the Gunton Community Hall on April 14 – anyone who has any jumble which they would like to give please tell a member. Pat Skelly, who is running the sales, would be glad of any help on the Friday evening and or the Saturday.
The club registration day is on Sunday, March 11 from 10 am to 1pm when anyone who would like to see what the club has to offer are welcome to call in.
We have two teams entered in the Sunshine League this season as well as the E.B.A Benacre and Lothingland Leagues and an internal league.
Drives will be held on Wednesday and Friday mornings and Sunday afternoons. Several friendly games have been arranged.
The two pre season games are Beccles Caxton on April 22 and Wenhaston on April 27.
The Finedon and Wellingborough tour is on September 15/16th.
We are also acting as hosts for a dog show on April 1 – all are welcome.