Browston Hall A team draw at Pentney
In a close fought match at Pentney the Browston Hall men's A team drew 76-76 and gained three points.
Going into the final end overall Browston were two shots up, but three rinks dropped a shot and P. Hurren's block secured a single to get the draw.
The men's B team were at home to Dereham A and lost 65-92. R. Barrett, M. King, P. Ridler and M. Munro were locked at 5-5 in the fifth, then 8-15 down at halfway. They dropped further shots dropped on the next two ends, but they fought back to win 23-20 and gain one point.
D. Hancock, N. Miller, P. Chaplin, and M. Harvey after losing the first two ends picked up shots to lead 15-6 at the 11th, both sides scored shots over the next ten ends with Browston keeping in front to win 22-14 and the second point for the team.
The ladies section had a miserable weekend overall as they won just two points in their three games. At County Arts Janet Barber, Linda Friend and Pet Winyard after being down over the opening ends picked four shots on the fifth (7-4) and held on to win 14-9.
You may also want to watch:
At home to Roundwood B again Janet Barber, Linda Friend and Pet Winyard scored the team's only point, winning 17-8.
- 1 Could direct trains run from Lowestoft to London again?
- 2 Man recovering after suffering serious leg injury in crash
- 3 Delays warning as road closed for emergency repairs
- 4 Flood warning as Suffolk set for 23 hours of heavy rain later this week
- 5 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 6 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency
- 7 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Woman's four stone weight loss success despite global pandemic
- 9 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 10 'Be vigilant' plea after rise in vehicle thefts