Clubs open their greens for outdoor season
- Credit: James Bass
Kensington Gardens Bowls Club in Lowestoft opens its greens tomorrow for the start of the outdoor season and welcome members old and new to an open drive, starting at 2pm.
The club has again entered teams in the Benacre League, the Lowestoft and District League, the BE Triples League and the Sunshine League.
The opening match of the season is in the BE Triples League with a visit to Waveney on May 3 followed by a home game against Thurlton on May 4 in the Sunshine League.
Meanwhile Oulton Broad Bowls Club also opens its green in Nicholas Everitt Park on Saturday for the first game of the season.
The club would welcome new members of all levels and ages. For more details contact Rex Turner, secretary, on 01502 521898.
You may also want to watch:
Any clubs wishing to be featured in the Lowestoft Journal should email reports to email@example.com by Wednesday morning.
- 1 Police arrest wanted 55-year-old man who was missing for 5 months
- 2 Nine arrests after baseball bats and knives used in brawl in village
- 3 Seven arrested and three charged with supplying cocaine after large police presence in village
- 4 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 5 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 6 Bridge to close with traffic set to be diverted
- 7 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 8 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff
- 9 'Slowly drowning' - Publican's concerns over Tier 2 restrictions
- 10 Cannabis factory discovered after police called to burglary