Cricket: Skipper Richard Daniels leads his Kirkley and Lowestoft Railway A side to fine away win
Kirkley and Lowestoft Railway A remained in third place in Norfolk League division seven after a fine away victory at the previously unbeaten Horsford C.
K&LR A travelled to Manor Park to play the unbeaten league leaders Horsford C last Saturday. With the sun shining, play was delayed as part of the pitch was very wet and the game started at 3.30pm in a match reduced to 30 overs.
Skipper Richard Daniels won the toss and put the opposition in and his decision proved vital as after two overs the opposition were two wickets down. Both Read and Muirhead bowling superbly and reduced the home side to 20-5. All ten players were excellent in the field and backed the bowling attack.
A stand between young Metcalf and the evergreen Turner stabilised the home team's innings. Two dropped catches didn't help Kirkley's cause but Murad Khan bowled extremely well, without reward.
The innings finished with Muirhead finally removing Metcalf as he finished with fine figures and four wickets as the home team closed on 77 for 7.
You may also want to watch:
The K&LR A team reply started badly with End skying his first delivery and Robbie Guy being run out.
Chris Tracey and Daniels then rebuilt the innings and runs started to flow, with Tracey the aggressor and Daniels slowly getting into his stride. Three wickets fell after smallish stands with Daniels holding firm and playing a skippers innings to win the game on 80-5 with three overs to spare as K&LR A collected 24 fine points to move to within four points of second placed Horsford C.
- 1 Seven arrested and three charged with supplying cocaine after large police presence in village
- 2 Welcome to our new website
- 3 ‘A true gentleman’ - Tributes paid to popular fish merchant, pub landlord and Freemason
- 4 Staggering response to ‘Relight my fire’ campaign
- 5 High street store for auction as 'residential development'
- 6 Hunt for witnesses after 10 vandals target bike shelter
- 7 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 8 Missing pregnant woman found
- 9 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads
- 10 'The Gull Wing is go' - Joy as third crossing secures Government approval
Men of the match: Neil Muirhead and Richard Daniels.
? Kirkley and Lowestoft Railway A entertain Martham A in the Lucas Fettes Norfolk League division seven at home at Gunton Park today (Saturday).