Elite trio won’t challenge for VCB trophies
VC Baracchi's club run on Sunday involved the usual short run to Halesworth followed by a ride through Chediston to Metfield and Harleston, returning along the Waveney Valley.
Mark Womack had a dramatic puncture when his back tyre developed a cut and gave way with a big bang. The group contributed materials for a repair and enjoyed watching him fix it.
Liam Gentry and Mike Rainton were awarded East District Cycling Association medals for performances last season and John Thompson collected them from the association's lunch.
He rode to Carbrooke and back via Norwich and Hingham, a total of about 80 miles.
Gentry's medal was for third place in the 10-mile championship and Rainton's for third veteran on standard in the 12-hour championship.
You may also want to watch:
This coincides with news that their new road racing sponsored club, Strada Road Team, has Gentry, Nick Esser and Mark Westrup as well so far, they have decided that it is right that they should ride time trials for them as well this season.
They want to be fair to their new team and also to VCB and they will not challenge this year for the VCB trophies, but intend to maintain their relationship with the Lowestoft-based club's riders.
- 1 Could direct trains run from Lowestoft to London again?
- 2 Man recovering after suffering serious leg injury in crash
- 3 Delays warning as road closed for emergency repairs
- 4 Flood warning as Suffolk set for 23 hours of heavy rain later this week
- 5 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 6 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency
- 7 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Woman's four stone weight loss success despite global pandemic
- 9 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 10 'Be vigilant' plea after rise in vehicle thefts
The 100-km reliability rides organised for the club by John Thompson are this Sunday from the Oulton Community Centre (4.5 hrs at 8.30am, 4 hrs at 9am, 3.5 hrs at 9.30am).