Get entries in for Suffolk FA Groundsman of the Year competition
There is now only a week left to enter Suffolk FA Groundsman of the Year 2012 competition.
Suffolk FA and the FA are looking for the best groundsman in the county from clubs in Step 7 or below.
Once again Mark Harrod, a retailer of high class sporting products which include goalposts, is sponsoring Suffolk FA's Groundsman of the Year 2012 competition.
The winners will receive vouchers to be spent at Mark Harrod. They will also be entered into The FA's national competition where the winners of each category will attend a 'winners day' at Wembley.
The prizes include:
You may also want to watch:
– A tour of Wembley
– A pitch walk led by the ground staff
- 1 'This is very welcome': Go-ahead for HMO close to town centre
- 2 Junction closed for third crossing preparations
- 3 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 4 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 5 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 6 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 7 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 8 Snow falls in Suffolk and north Essex
- 9 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 10 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
– A Q & A session with the Head Groundsmen at Wembley and St George's Park, England's multimillion pound state-of-the-art training complex
– A trophy presentation ceremony
Last year, Michael Brundish, Old Newton United's groundsman, won the Suffolk FA Groundsman of the Year 2011 competition.
Phil Knight, Suffolk FA Chief Executive, said: 'Groundsman of the Year helps promote the often unseen work carried out by those involved in grassroots football.
'I would urge as many clubs from Step 7 or below from Suffolk to enter their groundsman for this year's competition.
'It would be lovely to see our winner succeed in The FA's national competition.'
If you would like a nomination form please contact Jonathan Moyes on 01449 776380 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for nominations is 5pm, Wednesday 1st February.