GYMNASTICS: Olympians given big boost
THE Rotary Club of Lowestoft South has again jumped to the aid of aspiring Olympians in the town.The club this week admitted they were again pleased to sponsor Waveney Gymnastics Club's talented youngsters Giarnni Regini Moran and Declan Ayers.
THE Rotary Club of Lowestoft South has again jumped to the aid of aspiring Olympians in the town.
The club this week admitted they were again pleased to sponsor Waveney Gymnastics Club's talented youngsters Giarnni Regini Moran and Declan Ayers.
Handing out Sports Aid awards to the two local gymnasts, these donations were launched to help talented youngsters aged U18 with travelling, training and equipment costs, as well as competition fees.
Giarnni is the U9 and U10 champion, and also the British U12 vault champion, while Declan has suffered some injuries over the past year but he still competes to a high standard.
You may also want to watch:
'Hopefully these awards will help send them on their way to a future Olympic spot,' a Rotary Club Lowestoft South spokesman said.
- 1 Police arrest wanted 55-year-old man who was missing for 5 months
- 2 Nine arrests after baseball bats and knives used in brawl in village
- 3 Seven arrested and three charged with supplying cocaine after large police presence in village
- 4 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 5 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 6 Bridge to close with traffic set to be diverted
- 7 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 8 'Slowly drowning' - Publican's concerns over Tier 2 restrictions
- 9 Wanted man from Lowestoft arrested in London
- 10 Cannabis factory discovered after police called to burglary