Kirkey & Pakefield continue preparations with two friendly wins
- Credit: Archant
Kirkley & Pakefield continued with their pre-season matches with a fixtures against Anglian Combination Premier Division side Harleston Town on Tuesday evening.
The Royals, with a mixed team, went into a 3-0 lead through Liam Harvey-Cooper and another brace from Kyle Baker.
Then, with a number of changes having been made and with their keeper in excellent form, Harleston pulled two goals back for a final 3-2 score in favour of the home team.
Last Saturday saw a Kirkley & Pakefield X1 take on a Leiston Reserves team who play in the Thurlow Nunn Division One.
The first quarter of the match saw a competitive game but then the Royals rolled over their opponents over, scoring 10 goals without reply with a nap hand coming from Baker to continue his goal streak of nine in three games in a comprehensive 10-0 victory for the Royals.
You may also want to watch:
This Saturday sees a Kirkley & Pakefield first team squad again on the 3G Arena against local rivals Beccles Town ,just promoted to the Anglian Combination Premier Division. This match sees an earlier than normal kick-off time of 1pm.
On the same afternoon a Reserve squad travel to play Carl Chenery's Wenhaston.
- 1 Seven arrested and three charged with supplying cocaine after large police presence in village
- 2 Welcome to our new website
- 3 ‘A true gentleman’ - Tributes paid to popular fish merchant, pub landlord and Freemason
- 4 Staggering response to ‘Relight my fire’ campaign
- 5 High street store for auction as 'residential development'
- 6 Hunt for witnesses after 10 vandals target bike shelter
- 7 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 8 Missing pregnant woman found
- 9 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads
- 10 'The Gull Wing is go' - Joy as third crossing secures Government approval
Next Tuesday evening sees the first team squad in action on the main Walmer Road pitch when entertaining Norwich side Hellesdon (7.45pm).
The first team then start their season proper on the Saturday (August 5) with a FA Cup match at home to Saffron Walden Town (3pm).
Their first match in the Thurlow Nunn League Premier is the following Tuesday evening (August 8) when they make the short journey to take on Gorleston at Emerald Park (7.45pm).
Anglian Combination outfit Waveney also appear to be warming up nicely for the new Premier Division season, which gets under way on Saturday, August 19 with a trip to Blofield.
They welcomed Great Yarmouth Town, who play in the top flight of the Thurlow Nunn League, to Saturn Close in midweek and recorded an excellent 4-1 victory.
The goals against a strong Bloaters side were scored by Mawford (2), Carinhas and M Clay.
Waveney are looking to build on a promising campaign last season which saw them finish in fourth position.