Coronavirus forces postponement of Royals clash
- Credit: Archant
Kirkley & Pakefield’s game against Stowmarket Town tomorrow has been called off after the visitors recorded a number of positive coronavirus tests.
The Royals were due to face Stowmarket in a Thurlow Nunn Premier Division match.
Stowmarket were forced to postpone their scheduled home game against Walsham-le-Willows on Tuesday for the same reason..
A statement on their official website read: “Following Saturday’s game against Mildenhall Town, one of our first-team players received a message from the NHS track and trace to notify him that he had been in contact with someone who had tested positive for Covid-19.
“Although his last contact with them was the previous Wednesday, he has still since tested positive and now our whole squad will need to be tested.
You may also want to watch:
The whole club will continue to support all of our players and supporters and we wish anyone testing positive a speedy recovery.”
- 1 'This is very welcome': Go-ahead for HMO close to town centre
- 2 Junction closed for third crossing preparations
- 3 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 6 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 7 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 8 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 9 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 10 Snow falls in Suffolk and north Essex