Coronavirus forces postponement of Royals clash
- Credit: Archant
Kirkley & Pakefield’s game against Stowmarket Town tomorrow has been called off after the visitors recorded a number of positive coronavirus tests.
The Royals were due to face Stowmarket in a Thurlow Nunn Premier Division match.
Stowmarket were forced to postpone their scheduled home game against Walsham-le-Willows on Tuesday for the same reason..
A statement on their official website read: “Following Saturday’s game against Mildenhall Town, one of our first-team players received a message from the NHS track and trace to notify him that he had been in contact with someone who had tested positive for Covid-19.
“Although his last contact with them was the previous Wednesday, he has still since tested positive and now our whole squad will need to be tested.
You may also want to watch:
The whole club will continue to support all of our players and supporters and we wish anyone testing positive a speedy recovery.”
- 1 Woman scared to leave her house after being closely followed by man
- 2 Pub and restaurant group 'looking forward' to re-opening popular venues
- 3 'Welcome back!' - Glasses raised as popular pub reopens
- 4 Woman punched on the ground after walking crutch was kicked away
- 5 'Innovative' new street light sparks interest on the coast
- 6 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son
- 7 'We can't wait' - Boutique owners prepare for April 12 re-opening
- 8 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week
- 9 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 10 'A redevelopment opportunity' - Empty town centre shop and maisonette set for auction