Kirkley will travel to Haverhill
Mark BoggisFEARS that Kirkley & Pakefield's first team game tomorrow (Saturday) against Haverhill Rovers may have to be switched, due to the Hamlet Croft surface being possibly unfit, were dismissed today and K&P will now travel to their fellow Suffolk counterparts.Mark Boggis
FEARS that Kirkley & Pakefield's first team game tomorrow (Saturday) against Haverhill Rovers may have to be switched, due to the Hamlet Croft surface being possibly unfit, were dismissed today and K&P will now travel to their fellow Suffolk counterparts.
Returning to action once more after another blank weekend due to a blanket of snow, Stewart Larter and Jon Reynolds' fifth-placed side will take on a team in equally good form.
14th-placed Haverhill have suffered only one defeat in five and that was against the league leaders. The home side are likely to be looking forward to this challenge, having not lost at Hamlet Croft since early September and they beat fourth placed Stanway last time out.
But with games in hand, a resurgent K&P can still close in on the top sides provided they win their games in hand. The Royals will be looking to extend their winning sequence to four and their unbeaten run to five tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
This trip means that James Hutchinson's Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves side will be in action at Walmer Road in an Anglian Combination division one clash with Stalham Town.
Kirkley & Pakefield B will also be in action on the other pitches at Walmer Road as they have a tasty encounter with Waveney A in the Notley's Lowestoft and District League division three.
- 1 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 2 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 3 Minke whale to be removed from Lowestoft beach
- 4 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 5 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain
- 6 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy
- 7 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft
- 8 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 9 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 10 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences