Lowestoft area youth football reports

Kirkley & Pakefield Youth 2, Dereham Town Youth 4

K&P conceded four goals for the second consecutive match as they went down to Dereham Town Youth by the same scoreline that they beat the Magpies earlier in the season at Aldiss Park.

With Ryan Crisp rested to ensure he was fresh for the first team, Mason Disney partnered leading scorer Kyle Baker in attack, yet it was an unfamiliar combination that nearly brought about the first goal as Jack Newrick's cross was inches away from the head of captain Zak Armes.

Dereham responded well to their early wake up call as Elliot Reynolds reacted well to stop a dangerous effort on goal before the Magpies went in front on seven minutes. A swift counter attack saw leading scorer N Howard tuck the ball under Reynolds to put the away team in control.

You may also want to watch:

The league leaders then responded well themselves as Connor Borrett's cross was back-heeled into the keeper's hands by Disney and Baker's dangerous free-kick was brilliantly tipped around the post.

In an entertaining opening 20 minutes, the game flowed from end to end as Reynolds finger-tipped a shot onto the crossbar and then saved a header from point blank range following a in-swinging corner. Borrett then curled an effort just wide for the Royals and Newrick had two separate efforts that cleared the crossbar.

Most Read

Both teams sensed a breakthrough and were determined to score the all important second goal, and when it did arrive, it was the Dereham who doubled their lead just before the interval. After some fantastic build up play from the front two, a pin-point cross was eventually side-footed home off the far post by Howard for his and Dereham's second goal of the evening.

The management team realised the match needed a change in the second period, so on came Rowan Van Tromp to replace Daniel Peck on the left hand side.

Yet K&P suffered a further set-back soon after the substitution as they found themselves three goals behind. Howard's run and cross was expertly turned in at the far post by S Pledger. Dereham, who looked comfortable, were now playing with confidence and again forced Reynolds into a fine stop to prevent a fourth goal.

Earlier in the season, K&P came from two goals behind to win 4-2 at Aldiss Park and the Magpies were sure to have been worried that a comeback was on the cards again as Disney's cross was controlled by Baker and slipped into the net for 3-1.

The tide seemed to be turning as the challenges flew in and just seven minutes later Kirkley had made it 3-2 as Borrett's weak free-kick found its way into the net with the goalkeeper seemingly mis-judging his dive.

With the game perfectly poised as it entered the final stages, Van Tromp looked a fabulous outlet on the far side as K&P looked to equalise. But they were caught out once again as Howard completed his hat-trick with a fantastic long range effort.

Kirkley remain six points clear at the top of the Ridgeons Youth League East Division, but will most definitely need one final push in the remaining three games to ensure they are crowned champions.

Joe Randlesome

Norfolk and Suffolk Youth League Kirkley & Pakefield Titans 1, Blundeston A 3

THIS was a hard match on a blustery day, but the Titans came out fighting from the whistle having the majority of play, and the hard work finally paid off with Max scoring the first goal. Still pushing hard a good counter attacking move by Blundeston made it 1-1 at half time. Both teams came out in the second half wanting to take the win and both pressing for that goal, Titans with some good passing football, looked threatening to take the lead, but Blundeston finally came away the winners after scoring two goals late in the second half. Titans MoM: Callum.

Bohemians U15 4, Gunton Youth U15 4

GUNTON salvaged a point with a last minute equaliser in a game dominated by the wind. Gunton took the lead after 15 minutes, when Logan turned in Richard's cross, but they then conceded four goals before half time to find themselves trailing 4-1 at the interval.

In the second half, Gunton got to grips with the conditions and used the pitch slope to their advantage. First of all Reece scored direct from a corner and then Daniel K struck with a quarter of the game still to go. But the score remained unchanged until the dying seconds, when Richard stroked home Reece's corner to give Gunton a share of the spoils.

Kirkley & Pakefield U13C 3, Acle U13 2

K&P cemented their place in the top four with this unconvincing win.

In the windy conditions it was skipper George E who fired in Joe's unselfish lay off to give K&P the lead.

The home side had several chances and it was a surprise when the visitors equalised in a rare attack. Alfie soon restored the home side's lead with a fantastic goal powering down the left and blasting the ball home. Just after half time Sam danced his way through the Acle defence and finished at the second attempt to make it 3-1. Once again Acle scored against the run of play to make it nervous for K&P but they saw the game out comfortably to take the points. K&P MoM: Connor.

Caister 0, Waveney Youth U13A 2

WAVENEY Youth U13A travelled to Caister on Sunday and in difficult gusty conditions on a drying pitch, came away with three points thanks to a goal in each half from a scrappy match.

The visitors dominated the first-half and again created chances but Waveney's lack of finishing prowess remains a concern and it was only following clear opportunities for Woods and Moran-Simons, that Mahoney pounced to put Waveney ahead with a shot from the edge of the box after good work by Evans. Mahoney then almost added a second but the home keeper made a fine save away to his right. Bush came to the rescue when Caister breached the visitors' defence on a rare breakaway. Caister briefly threatened at the start of the second-half but the match quickly settled to its familiar pattern with Waveney pressing but without any killer punch. A second and decisive goal eventually came when Jermy – who was pushed forward – capitalised with a left-foot strike to seal the points. Woods then struck the crossbar with a fine header from Mahoney's pinpoint cross before the latter then spurned a great chance by blasting over. The match was played in a fine spirit and saw Waveney complete the double over their opponents.

St Benets U14 1, Kirkley & Pakefield U14C 7

FROM the kick off K&P got into their game, with some all round good football.

It wasn't long before they went 1-0 up with a well worked goal. There should have been a couple more goals for K&P but they were ruled offside. More good pressure saw K&P move 2-0 up, St Benets tried to fight back but K&P's defence kept it tight. Another couple of goals for K&P saw them going in at half time with a commanding 4-0 lead. The second half started like the first with K&P having all the possession. K&P scored a fifth goal on the break, and then Benets found the net to make it 5-1. K&P started to up their game again after this resulting in two more goals before the full time whistle, making it 7-1 with goals from Keanu 2, Kegan 2, Connor H 1, Gary 1 and Harry 1. MoM: Keanu.

Beckvale Boys U12 6, Blundeston Magpies U12 6

NEITHER team really mastered the conditions leading to a high scoring draw in the strong blustery wind.

The Magpies played with the wind in the first half, but found themselves a goal behind early on and under pressure before Sam scored on the break, Sam went close again before Logan forced the ball back into the net from a defensive clearance. The Magpies were now making the most of the wind and were disappointed to concede a soft goal from a rare Beckvale attack. Declan gave the Magpies a half time lead scoring when the keeper could only parry away Sam's shot. After the restart the lead didn't last long Beckvale scoring with a good shot, then it took good work by the defence and man of the match Jordan to keep out a succession of Beckvale attacks, it couldn't last and two quick goals looked to have given the hosts the points. The Magpies dug in and Declan was again on hand to score from Sam's parried shot.

A good break and shot by James was again forced over the line by Declan and the turnaround was complete when a superb pass by James put Sam through to score. However in a final twist, Beckvale scored an equalising goal with virtually the last kick of the game.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus