Lowestoft agree loan signing of Ipswich Town starlet Conor McKendry
- Credit: Archant
Lowestoft Town FC have swooped to sign talented teenage winger Conor McKendry on a one-month loan deal from Ipswich Town.
The highly-regarded winger was due to join up with his new teammates at training tonight (Thursday), ahead of a home match at the Amber Dew Events Stadium on Saturday against Tamworth.
The loan signing of the 19-year-old Ipswich Town winger, who has also represented Northern Ireland at youth level, is something of a coup for the Trawlerboys as they aim to continue their unbeaten league and cup run.
Lowestoft assistant manager Andy Reynolds said: 'Conor is a very direct, tricky winger and we are delighted to be able to bring him in.
'Obviously being a natural winger, that is appealing to Jamie Godbold as Conor brings natural attacking width to the team.
You may also want to watch:
'He is an U19 international who has had some first team minutes at Ipswich during pre season and we are excited to have him on board.'
McKendry, who played on loan at Braintree last season, joined Ipswich from Glenavon. Having played regularly for the Ipswich Under-23 side, the diminutive, direct-running Blues' academy graduate caught the attention in December as he scored four goals in a 6-0 victory over Coventry U23.
- 1 Covid infection rate in Ipswich continues to fall below England average
- 2 Acting headteacher thrilled as school delivers community help
- 3 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 4 WATCH: Therese Coffey 'walks out' of Piers Morgan interview on GMB
- 5 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 6 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 7 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 8 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain
- 9 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 10 Pressure grows for fixed date for schools to re-open