LOWESTOFT FC: Blues to take to sky
LOWESTOFT players have been jumping for joy this season - now they're going to be jumping for charity.A group of players from the Ryman League Division One North title-winning team are raising money for Leukaemia Research with a parachute jump at Ellough Park, near Beccles.
LOWESTOFT players have been jumping for joy this season - now they're going to be jumping for charity.
A group of players from the Ryman League Division One North title-winning team are raising money for Leukaemia Research with a parachute jump at Ellough Park, near Beccles.
The idea has come from defender Adam Smith, whose family has connections with the charity.
He will take to the air along with midfielder Gary Holt, centre-half Greg Crane, left back Matthew Potter and, representing the management team, Craig Fleming.
You may also want to watch:
The players will jump on Sunday, May 16 - and Fleming for one is looking forward to a new experience.
'It seemed a good idea at the time, when Smudger (Smith) mentioned it,' he laughed.
- 1 Police arrest wanted 55-year-old man who was missing for 5 months
- 2 Nine arrests after baseball bats and knives used in brawl in village
- 3 Seven arrested and three charged with supplying cocaine after large police presence in village
- 4 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 5 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 6 Bridge to close with traffic set to be diverted
- 7 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 8 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff
- 9 'Slowly drowning' - Publican's concerns over Tier 2 restrictions
- 10 Cannabis factory discovered after police called to burglary
'But it's for a worthy cause so it will be well worth the nerves. I'm told it's exhilarating and a little scary at the same time so I'm looking forward to it.
'Most of us who are taking part are defenders - Holt's the one who plays furthest forward. Jamie Godbold may join us, he hasn't quite decided yet, so we'll see what the wingers have in them.'
Fleming will be setting up a Just Giving page on the web, but anyone wishing to sponsor any of the jumpers should contact the Lowestoft Town FC or Fleming, on 07500 556644.