LOWESTOFT FC: Walk to victory
THE Trawler Boys took to the road as a special sponsored walk was hailed a success. Members of Lowestoft Town's official supporters club took part in the sponsored walk prior to last Saturday's match against Cheshunt.
THE Trawler Boys took to the road as a special sponsored walk was hailed a success.
Members of Lowestoft Town's official supporters club took part in the sponsored walk prior to last Saturday's match against Cheshunt. The members walked from Great Yarmouth FC's Wellesley ground to the Crown Meadow to raise funds for ground improvements that are needed for The Blues to take it's place in the Ryman Premier League.
The walk started at 8.15am and every body was back at the Meadow by 1pm in time to see Lowestoft crowned champions. Although it was a sponsored walk, Trawler Boys chairman Richie Farman, who lives in Manchester, decided it was an incentive to get fit and ran the route, completing the 11 mile course in one hour 41 minutes.
Richie was part of Team Victor, and he would like to thank Victor for his role as support man on the day.
You may also want to watch:
'When the idea of the walk was proposed last year the target was to raise �1,000 but with such a great response we hope to get that total over the �2,000 mark,' Mr Farman said.
A bucket collection was also passed around at the game and donations can still be made up the last home match against Tilbury on Saturday, April 24.
- 1 Police arrest wanted 55-year-old man who was missing for 5 months
- 2 Seven arrested and three charged with supplying cocaine after large police presence in village
- 3 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 4 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 5 Bridge to close with traffic set to be diverted
- 6 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 7 'Slowly drowning' - Publican's concerns over Tier 2 restrictions
- 8 Wanted man from Lowestoft arrested in London
- 9 Cannabis factory discovered after police called to burglary
- 10 Manager's tears of happiness at hotel accolade
Team Victor would like to thank everybody for their kind pledges and a special mention goes to their main sponsors T & A Embroidery, Crispies Sandwich Bar and the Gary Bennett School of Motoring.