Ipswich Town friendly postponed
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Lowestoft Town FC's scheduled pre-season friendly against an Ipswich Town XI this week has been postponed.
Jamie Godbold’s men were due to entertain an Ipswich Town XI at Crown Meadow on Wednesday, July 7.
However a club spokesman said: "The previously advertised pre season friendly at home to Ipswich Town on Wednesday evening has been postponed.
"It is hoped that the game can be rearranged at a later date.
"Our next pre season friendly will be at home to Felixstowe & Walton on Saturday, July 10 with a 3pm kick off."
A Lowestoft Town squad, featuring first teamers, trialists and academy players, started pre-season well with a 5-0 home victory over Caister on Friday, July 2.
The Blues led 1-0 at the interval after winger Ryan Hawkins had coolly converted a penalty.
- 1 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 2 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 3 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 4 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 5 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 6 O2 phone store burglars facing jail terms for break-in
- 7 Sexual misconduct allegations against Suffolk police officers revealed under FoI laws
- 8 Businesses pitch in to give vital support to Lowestoft charities
- 9 Joy as CityFibre backs Lowestoft landmark with sponsorship deal
- 10 Man charged after late night crash in Lowestoft
New signing Harry Knights superbly headed home Jack Wilkinson's free kick to double the advantage before Louis McIntosh fired home a brace.
Owen Murphy sealed victory with a fifth late on in an entertaining encounter.