Lowestoft Railway Ladies slip to defeat against Norwich City IV
- Credit: Archant
Lowestoft Railway Ladies travelled to Taverham to face Norwich City IV.
The away team started confidently, with midfielders Claire Ward, Eva Harness, Kelly Martin, Claire Scrivener and Becky Ingles quickly controlling the play. Right winger Becky Howes used her pace to then create some early opportunities.
However, Railway were stunned when City quickly scored twice to make the scoreline 2-0 at half-time.
Railway's persistence finally paid off when Eva Harness' solo effort was denied but Kiri Phoenix was on hand to skilfully slot home the rebound.
The defence of keeper Naomi Loftus, Jan Tizzard, Katie Cross and Lily Collins battled bravely to thwart any City attacks. However, despite Railway's last ditch efforts to score an equaliser, City added to their total, making the final score 3-1.
You may also want to watch:
In the East League Lowestoft Ladies beat vistors Watton 3-2 to consolidate their mid-table position.
- 1 'This is very welcome': Go-ahead for HMO close to town centre
- 2 Junction closed for third crossing preparations
- 3 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 4 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 5 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 6 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 7 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 8 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 9 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 10 Snow falls in Suffolk and north Essex