Lowestoft's unbeaten run continues
BIGGLESWADE TOWN 0, LOWESTOFT TOWN 2LOWESTOFT produced another accomplished performance at the impressive Carlsberg Stadium, the new home of Biggleswade Town.
BIGGLESWADE TOWN 0, LOWESTOFT TOWN 2
LOWESTOFT produced another accomplished performance at the impressive Carlsberg Stadium, the new home of Biggleswade Town.
With Andy Reynolds unavailable, the Blues had two new keepers on show with Phil Smith between the sticks in the first half and Jamie Greygoose the second.
Lowestoft found their rhythm from the outset with Jamie Godbold releasing Dale Cockrill who was foiled by the legs of keeper Ryan Rayner. Joe Francis then screwed a shot wide of the far post before the Blues took a 10th minute lead.
You may also want to watch:
Carl Poppy's shot was deflected for a corner and when the flag kick was played in the ball was knocked back across goal foe Joe Francis to volley home from 12 yards.
Jamie Forshaw was close to increasing the lead pouncing onto to Joe Francis' knock down but seeing his 20-yard effort rise just too high.
- 1 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 2 Lowestoft man's role in some of the biggest live events of 2021
- 3 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 4 Tributes to 'much loved' council worker as dustcart leads funeral cortège
- 5 Man suffers potentially life-threatening injuries in A145 collision
- 6 'Do not click on the link': Warning over 'NHS scam' vaccine email
- 7 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 8 Town centre business owner's pledge amid latest lockdown closure
- 9 Former Brexit Party MP hopeful dies in Bahamas diving accident
- 10 A146 reopens after hydraulic fluid spill
Biggleswade enjoyed a good spell just before the break with Geoffrey Banks-Smith's effort dipping just over the bar and then Lee Harman found himself clear only to be denied by a fine one handed save by Phil Smith.
Lowestoft continued in a similar vein in the second half with Stuart Ainsley's 25 yard drive tipped over the bar by Ryan Rayner. Adam Smith and Stuart Ainsley created an opening for Christy Finch who could only hook the ball over the bar.
Lee Harman again went close for the home side before Lowestoft doubled their lead in the 61st minute. Jamie Godbold swung in a cross from the right which despite being under no pressure Michael Cox steered a header into the corner of the net.
Sam Gaughran found time to join the attack hitting the side netting with one effort and seeing a looping header clip the crossbar. Stuart Ainsley saw his header held under the bar by Rayner but the last action of the game saw Stuart Lochhead volley wide of the Lowestoft net.
Biggleswade Town: Rayner, Gatti, Radcliffe, Webster (sub M Cox 58), Reynolds, Kilroy (sub Field 58), Cavill (sub Lochhead 34), Colmer (sub G Cox 58), Barnes (sub Donnelly 25), Harman, Banks-Smith.
Lowestoft Town: P Smith (sub Greygoose 46), Poppy, A Smith, Cockrill, Halliday, Gaughran, Godbold, Fisk (sub Ainsley 46), Forshaw (sub Finch 53), Francis, Mitchell (sub Cave-Brown 59). Sub (not used) Haynes-Brown.