Lowestoft Town CC ready for start of new Alliance season
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
Lowestoft Town completed their preparations for the new Norfolk Alliance season with a friendly match against Acle at the Denes Oval.
The visitors batted first and made 262-8 in 45 overs, with Rob Sims taking three wickets.
In reply Lowestoft reached 175-8 in 42 overs, Elliott George top scoring with 62.
The Alliance DIvision One campaign gets under way tomorrow with Lowestoft facing a tough trip to Swardeston A, who dropped down from the top flight last season but are likely to have a few players with EAPL experience in their ranks.
Having challenged strongly for promotion last season before falling just short the visitors will be aiming to get off to a strong start this time around. Their first home game is against Bradfield on Saturday week.
You may also want to watch:
Lowestoft A provide the action at Denes Oval as they play host to Swardeston-Ceyms in Division Five.
Both matches are set to get under way at 1pm.
- 1 'Slowly drowning' - Publican's concerns over Tier 2 restrictions
- 2 Cannabis factory discovered after police called to burglary
- 3 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 4 Bridge to close with traffic set to be diverted
- 5 Nine arrests after baseball bats and knives used in brawl in village
- 6 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 7 Police arrest wanted 55-year-old man who was missing for 5 months
- 8 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 9 Seven arrested and three charged with supplying cocaine after large police presence in village
- 10 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff