Lowestoft Town FC club notes by Terry Lynes
Saturday proved to be another frustrating afternoon for the Blues as they were held to a goalless draw by promotion rivals Tonbridge Angels.
Tonbridge keeper Lee Worgan produced a couple of outstanding saves and the two occasions he was beaten the ball rebounded out off the crossbar. Andy Reynolds also needed to be on top form as both sides searched for the elusive goal.
New signing Lubo Guentchev came off the bench late in the game to get to know his new team-mates.
The weekend and midweek results saw many of the top sides dropping points again as the battle for play-off places intensified with Harrow Borough and Canvey Island very much back in contention.
Tomorrow, on paper at least, the Blues appear to have an easier task as they travel to troubled Croydon Athletic. The Rams were caught up in the cricket betting scandal resulting in a season of struggle that looks like ending in relegation. Lowestoft also have their team selection problems with Andrew Fisk, Stuart Ainsley and Curtis Haynes-Brown all suspended and Sam Corcoran's loan spell at an end.
You may also want to watch:
After a week's break the Reserves are back in action tomorrow at the Meadow when Diss Town are the visitors, kick off 3pm.
The Youth team ended their home programme with a narrow single goal victory over Cromer Town. Shane Smith scored the only goal of the game midway through the second half. Next Thursday they are away to Harford Tornadoes at Plantation Park.
- 1 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 2 RNLI called as guard vessel found aground
- 3 'I need to see a body' - Sister's torment over speedboat deaths
- 4 Joy as funding boost awarded to school creating sensory playground
- 5 Public urged to take Covid test if not feeling 100%
- 6 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 7 Boat rescued after getting into difficulty near pier
- 8 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 9 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 10 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
The Under 15s were 10-1 victors over Hempnall. Jack Burrell, Tom Laws and Nathan Russell scored a brace of goals each with the others coming from Connor Doddington, Lewis Hague, Lewis Chenery and Jason Spurgeon.
n Lowestoft Town supporters' club, The Trawlerboys, will hold their AGM before the Blues' Ryman League Premier clash against Bury Town on Monday, April 25 at 12.30pm in the social club. Anybody wishing to stand for any position on the Trawlerboys committee should send details to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 20.