Lowestoft Town FC are ‘up for’ the cup
- Credit: Archant
Lowestoft Town are aiming to take their impressive league form into the cup as they look to keep their unbeaten run going tomorrow.
The Trawlerboys head to Hertfordshire to face Ware in the FA Cup first qualifying round tie buoyed by recent results as they sit in seventh place in the Evo Stik Premier Division Central League.
And speaking ahead of the match against the Bostik League South Central Division side, assistant manager Andy Reynolds said: 'We are looking forward to the game.
'The boys did some good work at training on Tuesday and then we changed the cycle a little bit on Thursday and went to watch the England U21 game (at Carrow Road). It was a good opportunity for the lads to be around together.
'We are up for the game on Saturday – it is important for clubs like us to have cup runs. We know Ware play at one step down but we don't pay any attention to that as they will not be easy opponents.
You may also want to watch:
'They have had a recent change of management and we know the benefits of that and the positivity it can bring.
'The lads are fully aware that we need to be at our best, but we know that if we turn up, play properly and do the things we are good at that will stand us in good stead.'
- 1 Woman punches man on doorstep and snatches his mobile phone
- 2 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 3 RNLI called out to rescue 'soggy doggy'
- 4 Friends and family raise £15,000 for father with rare cancer
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Joy as pub prepares to reopen for first time since September
- 7 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 8 CCTV shows moment father who died was restrained by Pontins security staff
- 9 'Fantastic' - excitement from businesses ahead of May 17 changes
- 10 Police officers could lose jobs over father's holiday park death
Lowestoft return to league action next Saturday, September 15 with a home match at the Amber Dew Events Stadium against Tamworth – and hopes are high that a new signing will be on board to join the squad as the Trawlerboys aim to continue their unbeaten league run.