Sir Ian McGeechan booked for Lowestoft & Yarmouth RFC annual dinner
- Credit: Archant
The Lowestoft and Yarmouth Rugby Club annual dinner has been set for Friday, April 12.
This year the club are honoured to be joined by the ultimate British Lion Sir Ian McGeechan OBE along with old friend John Bentley.
'We have had some amazing speakers over the years, but we have never had such illustrious guests, so we would urge you to spread the word and reserve a table as soon as possible,' said a club spokesman. 'This is genuinely not one to miss as legends and characters like these do not visit our area very often.
'We are also offering sponsorship opportunities for the night which will include premium tables, pre-dinner drinks with Sir Ian and John, advertising opportunities and wine on tables.'
The event is being staged at the Ivy House Country Hotel in Oulton Broad and tables are available for 10 people upwards. Tickets are £50 per person and all proceeds will go towards the club's programme of introducing rugby to local schools throughout the Lowestoft and Great Yarmouth areas via the Sunrise Sports CIC.
You may also want to watch:
To make a booking email@example.com or see www.pitchero.com/clubs/lowestoftyarmouth for more details.
Lowestoft & Yarmouth return to action after a short break on Saturday when they play their first game in the Eastern Counties Salver competition.
- 1 'Be vigilant' - man's warning after attempted car break-in
- 2 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 3 Driver arrested for third time after drug driving
- 4 Centre of Lowestoft is a 'coronavirus hotspot'
- 5 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 6 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 7 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 8 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 9 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
Having finished bottom of Eastern Counties One North L&Y now face fixtures against teams who finished in the bottom two in the West and South Divisions, starting with a trip to Ely II at the weekend.