Lowestoft & Yarmouth youngsters impress for Norfolk
Four Lowestoft & Yarmouth RFC youth players selected for Norfolk County sides last weekend.
Three members of the Lowestoft & Yarmouth RFC Under 17 squad made their County debut on Sunday afternoon, playing for Norfolk against Cambridgeshire in an Eastern Counties trial match.
The event was originally intended to be a three-way tournament between all three ECRFU sub-counties, but unfortunately Suffolk was not able to field a side on the day.
The match, split into three 20-minute sessions to allow all the lads in the squads to participate fully, was a full-blooded and hard fought affair with Norfolk coming out ahead in each of the sessions; accruing an aggregate score of 43-12 overall.
All of the L&Y contingent gave a good account of themselves; Martyn Greenwood played all three sessions whilst Shane Burwood and Tyler Beales played two sessions each; with the final session seeing all three on the pitch at the same time. Congratulations must also go to Nathan Sutch (Lowestoft & Yarmouth U15s).
You may also want to watch:
Nathan played for Norfolk U15s during their defeat to Suffolk at Southwold Common.
- 1 Could direct trains run from Lowestoft to London again?
- 2 Man recovering after suffering serious leg injury in crash
- 3 Delays warning as road closed for emergency repairs
- 4 Flood warning as Suffolk set for 23 hours of heavy rain later this week
- 5 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 6 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency
- 7 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Woman's four stone weight loss success despite global pandemic
- 9 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 10 'Be vigilant' plea after rise in vehicle thefts