Nolan snatches point for Lowestoft Town with late goal
Ware 2, Lowestoft Town 2A last minute goal from Matt Nolan extended Lowestoft's unbeaten run at frosty Ware last night.The game took 20 minutes to spring to life, with Nolan's header being cleared off the line by Mark Burton before a chip over Andy Reynolds by Ryan Wade just cleared the bar at the other end.
Ware 2, Lowestoft Town 2
A last minute goal from Matt Nolan extended Lowestoft's unbeaten run at frosty Ware last night.
The game took 20 minutes to spring to life, with Nolan's header being cleared off the line by Mark Burton before a chip over Andy Reynolds by Ryan Wade just cleared the bar at the other end.
Adam Smith's 35-yard free-kick smacked against the Ware post before Lowestoft took a 27th minute lead with Nolan heading in Craig Bussens' cross.
You may also want to watch:
Ware equalised on the stroke of half-time with Matt Turpin heading in from a left-wing free-kick. And they were in front early in the second half when Sam Ruff beat Reynolds with a 30 yard drive.
But the hosts were reduced to ten men ten minutes from time when Ruff was sent off for a rash tackle on Reynolds.
- 1 Junction closed for third crossing preparations
- 2 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 3 'This is very welcome': Go-ahead for HMO close to town centre
- 4 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 5 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 6 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 7 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 8 Missing man found safe and well
- 9 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 10 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
And Lowestoft eventually made their extra man count as, with time running out, their increasing pressure led to Nolan chipping the home keeper for an 89th minute equaliser.
�Lowestoft: Reynolds, Poppy, Smith, Dale Cockerill, Crane, Halliday, Godbold, Fisk, Nolan, McGee, Bussens. Subs Potter, Darren Cockerill, Holt, Clark.