Norwich City and Ipswich Town legends to star at Walmer Road
FORMER Norwich City and Ipswich Town players are once again set to star in a Legends re-match at Walmer Road on Monday, May 7, kick-off 3pm.
The game against Kirkley & Pakefield Legends has been organised by former Canaries winger Dale Gordon with the support of K&P officials and the call has gone out to local football followers to turn it into a footballing bonanza.
It's another chance to see the likes of Darren Huckerby, Darren Eadie, Iwan Roberts, John Wark, Fabian Wilnis and Russell Osman among others. Last year's match ended in a 8-1 rout for the Norwich and Ipswich Legends but Gordon is sure that Kirkley will be out for revenge.
'It's set to be another great day - any lovers of football in the area should come along,' he said. 'It was one-way traffic last year but I'm sure Kirkley will be out for revenge this time.'
There will also be an auction at the end of the game for any of the Legends' shirts, which will be held at half-time. After the game the shirt will be personally signed by the player and given to the highest bidder. Tickets for the match will be available on the gate, costing �10 for adults and �5 for concessions.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 ‘A true gentleman’ - Tributes paid to popular fish merchant, pub landlord and Freemason
- 2 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 3 How do Tier 1 areas like Cornwall compare to Suffolk?
- 4 Bridge to close with traffic set to be diverted
- 5 Cyclist attacks car with handlebars and threatens driver
- 6 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 7 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff
- 8 Merger plans unveiled for four pupil referral unit schools
- 9 Trial date set for man accused of assaulting two police officers
- 10 Norfolk hospitals have discharged over 1,100 coronavirus patients