Royals continue great run of form
Kirkley & Pakefield FC club notes AFTER the joy of reaching their first Ridgeons League Cup Final since their inception into the eastern counties league, K&P continued their unbeaten recent march with a narrow 3-2 home win over Wisbech last Saturday.
Kirkley & Pakefield FC club notes
AFTER the joy of reaching their first Ridgeons League Cup Final since their inception into the eastern counties league, K&P continued their unbeaten recent march with a narrow 3-2 home win over Wisbech last Saturday.
The Royals moved up into fourth place in the Premier League with this victory, as Chris Henderson's late volley proved to be the matchwinner.
And with games in hand, K&P can climb further up the table to put pressure on the sides above them - while they still have CRC, Needham Market, Leiston and Stanway still to play.
You may also want to watch:
The players and management were frustrated once more by the weather in midweek, as it put pay to their scheduled trip to take on Debenham for a first-ever visit.
With this postponement, Stewart Larter and Jon Reynolds are likely to be in action at least twice a week to the end of the campaign as it is catch-up time on the fixtures front.
- 1 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 2 Lowestoft man's role in some of the biggest live events of 2021
- 3 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 4 Man suffers potentially life-threatening injuries in A145 collision
- 5 Tributes to 'much loved' council worker as dustcart leads funeral cortège
- 6 Town centre business owner's pledge amid latest lockdown closure
- 7 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 8 'Do not click on the link': Warning over 'NHS scam' vaccine email
- 9 Nail gun and drill among tools stolen in theft from VW van
- 10 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
With a juggling act required to fit all the games in, one certainty was announced this week as K&P will face either Wroxham, Needham Market or Walsham le Willows in the Ridgeons League Cup Final, which will be played at Diss Town's ground on Bank Holiday Monday, May 3.
Tomorrow K&P travel for a tough encounter at Histon Reserves, ahead of a another home match at Walmer Road next Wednesday evening as Haverhill Rovers pay a visit.
Off the field developments continue to gather pace, with sponsorship issues and planned sell-out events taking centre stage.
'To date, all of our matches are now sponsored to the end of this season, however, if you wish to be a matchball sponsor (�25) ring Barrie on 07970 659 001,' a club spokesman said. 'We have just two players requiring sponsors, they are Ali McKenna and James Bemment, so again ring Barrie to support them.'
The club's Sportsman's Evening is 'progressing nicely' with Neil 'Razor' Ruddock said to be the most sought after speaker on the circuit. Ruddock and comedian Russ Williams will entertain at the Walmer Road marquee on Friday, May 7.
'This event will be a sell-out…so get your bookings in for the evening of entertainment quickly, and to book telephone Dave Woodruff on 01502 741588.'