Fourth signing of the week set to bolster Lowestoft Town FC
- Credit: Ian Burt Photography
Lowestoft Town FC manager Jamie Godbold has expressed delight after sealing his latest signing.
Talented teenage defender Tai Flaming has joined The Trawlerboys on an initial loan until the New Year - becoming the fourth new recruit at Crown Meadow this week.
The 19-year-old, who came through Norwich City’s Academy system, joins on loan from National League Conference Premier side King's Lynn Town FC.
His signing, subject to FA approval, comes in the same week that Lowestoft had signed Colin Oppong, Ola Bello and Tommy Smith on loan from Ipswich Town FC.
A strong, no nonsense defender who is comfortable in possession, Fleming joined the Linnets in July last year from Yeovil Town’s academy, where he had spent two seasons, having previously been at Norwich City from the age of 10 to 16.
Comfortable at centre back, and right back, Blues boss Jamie Godbold said: "We are really pleased.
"Tai played 21 times in the Conference last year and he will come in and help improve us defensively.
- 1 Scheme unveiled for former pub and butchers on town's High Street
- 2 Lowestoft man kicked victim in head as he lay on the ground
- 3 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 4 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 5 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft
- 6 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 7 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 8 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 9 Beccles' first post-pandemic charity ride is a success
- 10 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
"His extra pace and experience can benefit our young players.
"We have brilliant defenders in Travis, Tanny and Harry but Tai will complement them."
With the loan set to run initially from now until January 1, 2022, Lowestoft are currently awaiting paperwork being approved.
If all is signed in time, then Fleming will be available for selection for Lowestoft's clash with Alvechurch at Crown Meadow tomorrow (Saturday).