Time to recover for Royals
Kirkey and Pakefield FC notes by Stuart G BakerAFTER the Christmas extravaganza at Crown Meadow, Kirkley and Pakefield are left to reflect on a good afternoon's work that did not quite come off.
Kirkey and Pakefield FC notes by Stuart G Baker
AFTER the Christmas extravaganza at Crown Meadow, Kirkley and Pakefield are left to reflect on a good afternoon's work that did not quite come off.
They will have 11 days to lick their wounds before the next match, which is not until Wednesday, when a young and exciting Woodbridge side come to Walmer Road, 7.45pm KO.
They have six players in their squad who are representing the Woodpeckers at U18 level for Suffolk - and given the county FA's youth fixture tomorrow this is why the previously scheduled match has been moved.
You may also want to watch:
James Cole will be back to likely resume his central defensive partnership with Joe Jefford, allowing Ryan de Coteau to revert once more to right back.
Martin Magee has one more match to serve in his suspension period, while Matt Taunton should be fit to bolster the midfield. After being redundant over Christmas, K&P Reserves travel to Attleborough tomorrow. This is their only away game of the month, with the following five games all at home, including a midweek outing against Stalham on Tuesday, January 13.
- 1 Junction closed for third crossing preparations
- 2 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 3 'This is very welcome': Go-ahead for HMO close to town centre
- 4 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 5 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 6 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 7 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 8 Missing man found safe and well
- 9 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 10 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
Both the A and B teams return to Notley's Lowestoft and District League action tomorrow. Shaun Norman's young side travel to Normanston Park for a top-of-the-table clash (2pm) against Division One leaders Hearts of Oak, while Al Graham's youngsters are in action at Walmer Road against Corton White Horse Seltic Reserves in Division Three (2pm).
The youth team's midweek game against bottom of the table Cromer Youth has been switched to Thursday night as the first team are at home on Wednesday.
The game at Walmer Road kicks off at 7.45pm.