Waveney Athletic Club members shine at Wroxham 5K
Husband and wife members of Waveney Valley Athletic Club, Joe and Tracy Mayne, took part in the Wroxham 5k last week, and with no other W.V.A.C. members able to attend this race, Joe and Tracy definitely became the club's 'Mayne' event.
Organised by Norwich Road Runners, the race was the first in a series of three this summer and Joe, who only started road racing this year, achieved the silver standard for his age with a time of 22:59.
It was his first race at the 5k distance and he finished 87th from an entry of around 170 runners.
Tracy, after a break from competition in recent weeks, struggled at times with her breathing from the affects of hayfever but was delighted that her time of 31:48 was over a minute quicker than her previous best time for the 5k.
Ailsa MacDonald, another new member this year, has kept herself busy in competition recently.
You may also want to watch:
At the Cambridge Town and Gown 10k on April 29, she was placed 91st from 363 runners in an impressive time of 48:40 and a week later at the Breckland 10k she finished 150th in a time of 49:02.
On May 13, Stephen Gibbs took part in the Gorleston Parkrun 5k and finished 15th in a very respectable time of 22:17.
- 1 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 4 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 5 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 6 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 7 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 8 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 9 Delays 'possible' warning ahead of footway works in Lowestoft
- 10 'You are our champion': Community praise for Olympian Charley Davison