WATCH! Horror crash leaves Witches ace with broken ribs and out for weeks
- Credit: Steve Waller-www.stephenwaller.com
Ipswich Witches No.1 Jason Crump has been ruled out for at least two to three weeks with several broken ribs.
Crump crashed heavily at Wolverhampton on Monday night in a frightening heat 13 crash.
Leading the race, Crump clipped the inside kerb and flew into the air. He landed awkwardly and, although he got back to his feet quickly, he was clearly in pain.
He was diagnosed with broken ribs and will miss the Witches next three clashes. The Witches lost 28-62.
On Thursday, Scott Nicholls will guest for Crump as the Witches entertain King's Lynn.
Crump, 45, has returned to British Speedway and was in fine form at Foxhall last Thursday, where he top-scored in the win over Sheffield.
He was also the only Ipswich rider to win a heat at Wolverhampton before his big crash.
Crump is set to miss the Witches trip to Belle Vue on Monday and Thursday week's clash with Peterborough.
- 1 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 2 Hunt for man wanted for assaults in Lowestoft
- 3 Flats in Lowestoft fail to sell at auction
- 4 'Don't ask, don't get' - Town council says no to Lowestoft city status bid
- 5 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 6 Flood-hit school hails 'amazing' community response
- 7 Refurbished seafront toilet block set on fire in vandalism spree
- 8 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot
- 9 Thieves steal Range Rover from street in Lowestoft
- 10 Cash and computer stolen as post office smashed during burglary