Anger and laughter at the Seagull Theatre
The week ahead at the Seagull Theatre, Pakefield, begins with John Osborne's classic drama, Look Back In Anger.
Jimmy Porter sits and rages against the world while his wife Alison is ironing and quietly going through a private hell.
The production by SM Productions plays tonight and tomorrow at 7.30pm; tickets �8/�6.
Anger gives way to mirth on Sunday at 7.30pm, when Nigel Boy Syer (pictured right) makes a welcome return to the Seagull. With his customary blend of comedy, song, slapstick, storytelling and virtuoso accordion playing, Nigel never fails to delight audiences. Tickets are �8/�6.50.
A feature that sets the Seagull apart from most other venues is the large number of community groups who have found a home there. One of the most notable is the Fabba theatre company for adults with learning difficulties. They are great fun and highly dedicated to their craft, so the theatre is delighted to host Fabba's latest production, Ghostbusters, a musical with a local twist, from Wednesday to Friday at 7.30pm. Full details can be found in the story on the right.
You may also want to watch:
The week ends with Centre Stage Players offering a Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde Halloween Special on Saturday, October 30 at 7.30pm. Tickets �6/�5.
Looking ahead, SM Productions and the UEA bring Shakespeare's Henry V to the Seagull on Friday and Saturday, November 5 and 6, at 7.30pm; tickets �8/�7.
- 1 'Be vigilant' - man's warning after attempted car break-in
- 2 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 3 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 4 Driver arrested for third time after drug driving
- 5 Centre of Lowestoft is a 'coronavirus hotspot'
- 6 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 7 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 8 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 9 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
For more details and bookings call 01502 589726 or visit www.theseagull.co.uk